• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Noob wants sauce

hi im new to the hot sauce world. i like hot sauce and foods and wanted to ask you guys wut some good flavorful and hot sauces i should begin with. i dont want to go straight into really hot though. the hottest ive had was Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally and cant rlly handle that yet. sorry for the noobishness :oops:

Is that a "chilli willies" sauce "Smack my arse and call me cindy"
Hes a oz bloke nice guy. Theres a few sauce guys on here maybe who I'm sure willpoint you in the right direction.

If you want good flavor and good heat, there's a few sauces to try.

Blair's After Death is a wonderful sauce that goes great on almost anything and has a nice burn to it, so if you want a good general use hot sauce I'd start with that.

What are you using the sauce for? If it's a specific type of food I can probably help point you in the right direction.

~Trexxen

the list can be endless on which sauces taste great.
its all trial & error for what hot sauces you'll like. you only have 2 choices - extract sauces or natural ingredient sauces. I dont know if "call me sally" sauce is a extract sauce ?

the ones you like, read the ingredient list & buy other sauces like them.

I really like habanero hot sauces w/o extracts, which theres hundreds of these sauces.

Dat'l Do-it, Devil Drops - is a really good tasting sauce with a little zip.

take $100 & go shopping for some hot sauces on a hot sauce site, go inny minny miney moe & pick that one, & so on :lol:

"its all trial & error for what hot sauces you'll like. you only have 2 choices - extract sauces or natural ingredient sauces."

But remember, not all extract sauces taste like extract. :cool:

I looked up Smack my ass and call me Sally on the internet, got a few strange things from that search :shocked: I found it and I don't think it does contain extract. The ingredients are Habs, carrots, onions, vinegar, garlic, lime juice, salt. Sounds very natural. The site I looked on gave it a rating of 8 out of 10 for heat.

HTML:
I looked up Smack my ass and call me Sally on the internet, got a few strange things from that search I found it and I don't think it does contain extract. The ingredients are Habs, carrots, onions, vinegar, garlic, lime juice, salt. Sounds very natural. The site I looked on gave it a rating of 8 out of 10 for heat.

i think the bottle i have says extract and it is quite hot. I heard good things about the Defcon series or sauces ill prolly try those.

There seems to be various kinds under this name. There's a 700,000 SHU one which obviously does, it's second on the ingredients list.

I don't mind the mexican habanero hot sauce I can't spell it but El' Yucateco (or something like that) comes in green habanero as well which is pretty cool excellent try habanero flavour and like allgood true hab sauces they are creepers and the more you poor the more you burn.

By the way this is the stuff I thought you ment when you mentioned the smackmy arse sauce...http://www.chilliwillies.com.au/

stillz - you're correct "el yucateco" I've tried their red hab sauce. it has a decent heat to it, flavor is so so but thats because I'm not a big fan of tomatoe based hot sauces. but in tomatoe based meals this sauce goes well.

defcon - yea yea, I hear ya & from others about your hot sauce. but I'm one of those people its hard to sell me something when I see that word "extract" or "capsicum oil" I tend to shy away from those.
I like to be able to eat hot sauce straight up just pour it on chips/crackers & on my meals.

"but I'm one of those people its hard to sell me something when I see that word "extract" or "capsicum oil" I tend to shy away from those."

I've created many converts.

Chilehunter...You would be very surprised. I don't generally like extract sauces either, but Defcon has the process down. No metallic taste at all.

Hey Trex, are you trying to kill this guy?!?:mouthonfire: They said they were new and not ready for the biggies yet. Blairs is for another day for this one, I think. Though you and I and most of the cats and kittens here have graduated from the Original Death sauce, I would never recommend it to a noob. Call me crazy!

I would think that something in the way of a Dave's Roasted Garlic or Kato's Rajun Cajun may be a good start and then move on from there. Go slow new guy and someday you will find yourself in th land of Blairs, Cajohn, Defcon, Cap't Bones, etc.

By the By, that Cajohns 10 is AWESOME! (new guy, don't try it!:hell:)

Blair's Original Death would be a good sauce for a noob. Lets them know that there's hotter out there.

Try some sauces from Danny Cash. Most of his won't kill anyone, and they taste great!

Back