• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Dr Pepper sauce

I posted a nice recipe for some AWESOME dr pepper soda based sauce. Would be cool if you guys could try it and tell me what you guys think. :mouthonfire:

Sauce recipe

heres a nice slighly spicy sweet sauce. try it out tell me what you think of it.

2 cups Dr Pepper soda
2 big diced onions
1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
4 cloves minced garlic
4 teasspoons ground red pepper ( or w/e)
1-1/2 cups dark brown sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tspoons salt
6oz can of tomato paste

mix it up and bring to a boil. lower heat and summer for several hours uncovered. Make sure you taste it occasionally. IT GREAT!

Tried this recipe last night and thought it was great. I did not have regular Dr. Pepper, but I am big fan of their Diet Cherry Vanilla ( drink a 12 pack a day) so I used that. It worked well. I added some molasses to replace the sugar in the diet soda and used more tomatoe paste to thicken it and add a little more tomatoe flavor. Overall the whole family loved the recipe

AlabamaJack said:
Geez Omri.....you are deprived....how much to ship you a six pack of original Dr. Pepper from Dublin, Texas made with real cane sugar?
It's not like I never had Dr. Pepper, I visit the US once in a while. I just don't have any available for the sauce. :lol:
Thanks a lot, though. :)

Omri said:
It's not like I never had Dr. Pepper, I visit the US once in a while. I just don't have any available for the sauce. :lol:

Understand Omri...just was curious if you have ever had a "REAL" Dr. Pepper. They are almost tooooo sweet. The Dr. Pepper in the cans have a different "not so sweet" taste as the original does. Just curious...:)

messages crossed in mid air....TheHotPepper is right...a Pibb might work.

by the way Mr. THP...I like your music too. You can hear a sample of ours on myspace. Search for Bodie Powell.

Back