• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Froth on worm tea??

Hey guys I use worm castings unsulfured mollasses rain water and a great pump for 3 gallons of water.

1handful of grass clippings
2 cups worm poop
3 tablespoons mollasses

Dry ingredients go into a sock, goes in to the mollasses water, and in three hours or so i have tons of froth.

I come back the next morning (less then 24hours of brewing time) and it has no froth whatsoever.

Its covered from light as well. Any ideas?

i use to do the sock thing, now i just put the worm poop directly into the container, then when the tea shows signs of slowing, i take a stick and stir it - that helps to reactivate things. the only difference between my mix and yours is i use ground dried seaweed instead of grass.

this way, when i am finished with the batch i just dump the product directly in my gardens and wash out the container.

it could be the sock is getting compacted and not letting enough oxygen to any microbes that are in the middle of the mix. so just the outter portion is being used.

good luck

Probably to hot outside. You should try it on a cooler day (if any) Do you have the poo container covered to filter out light and keep it cooler? That might be your best bet? I really dont know what else to tell ya. Thats a good thought Burning! Joey I would try his idea first and see what happens! :)

Probably to hot outside. You should try it on a cooler day (if any) Do you have the poo container covered to filter out light and keep it cooler? That might be your best bet? I really dont know what else to tell ya. Thats a good thought Burning! Joey I would try his idea first and see what happens! :)

It was like 80 outside and it was covered so

Back