• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Plants on sale in Houston (yay!)

Stopped in at the Garden Center near my house for a pot and came home with some plants because they were all 70% off (crazy!). Don't know if they were good deals or not, but I couldn't resist. I got a 6" impatiens that I will probably end up killing for 2 bucks. 3 bucks bagged me a 10" lantana in a pale yellow flower color that I have never seen before. I couldn't kill that if I tried, it's native here and grows like a weed.

Anyway, just excited to have some surprise new plants.

Just to give you an idea of what impatiens likes in the wild. 50-60% shade, a ton of humidity and semi-wet feet.
CR_impatiens.jpg

i was just at a local garden centre and everything was on clearance .47cents annuals and then they had 2 gallon goji containers $1.97.

then there is the Impatiens psittacina, or parrot flower not available here but i bet they would grow in costa rica.

@Arenal Botanical: Holy guacamole!! That is some serious flower action. I'm just hoping I can get a 14" hanging basket to fill up.

Humidity shouldn't be a problem, and I can keep the feet damp. It is the shade that I am worried about. Thinking about putting a small patch of screen material above the plant to block the 3-4 PM sun. It is mostly shaded by a large tree until about 2 PM and by various plants and structures after 6 PM but the spot it is in gets a moderate blast in the early afternoon.

Back