• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Scared of ghosts

I'm going to be doing a vid of me eating my first ghost pepper tonight. I'm almost as frightened as I am excited. I feel like I did before I went bridge jumping for the first time. I'm wondering what the verdict is on a bit of liquid courage before a pepper challenge. I'm not concerned with whether or not it's the cowards way out. I figure it's like marriage. Sobriety isn't so important at execution, It's the dicision to commit knowing the pain your in for that takes balls. I'm more concerned with how the alcohol might affect the heat. Any suggestions for a frightened noob about to take the plunge?
Gerry

yemtol,

Do yourself a favor take a small sliver of it first beforehand so you will have an inkling as what expect. Just be thankful you are not starting with a brainstrain or a moruga, they take what you are going to experiment with to a whole new level of insanity. Good luck, Godspeed, John Glenn...

Ghosty...

Don't be surprised by the heat. You aren't going to die, you won't need to go to the hospital. No matter how much pain you feel you are in, understand that no damage is actually being done. Many people you see on youtube panic because they think the pain they feel is doing damage to their body. So when you feel that immense pain, just know that is what is supposed to happen and you are in no danger. Once you understand that, you won't freak out and people will think you are a badass because you remain stoic throughout the video.

Many people see my reviews and comment on how much heat I can tolerate. The truth is that I am just remaining calm through the pain. It still hurts like crap, but I know what I'm in store for and it doesn't surprise me.

Oh yes, and PLEASE make sure you have something in your stomach before you eat it (not just alcohol ;) ). It would be preferable to have fatty and starchy foods in there. They make a good buffer. Failure to do so will result in pain that just might make you feel like you need to go to the hospital (and will make your stomach reject it's contents, which is way more painful coming out than going in; just think about stomach acid mixed with capsaicin in your esophagus; trust me I know ;) ). :onfire: :hell:

yemtol,

compmodder gives sage advice... I may even try it when...

"Once you understand that, you won't freak out and people will think you are a badass because you remain stoic throughout the video."

Ghosty...

As soon as you eat it run to the bathroom and pull lil Wilbur out. After the drainage pull your zipper up as hard as you can without ummm...."putting the turtle back in it's shell". :party:
If things are burning too bad slam the door on your bare foot.
Those should help make the heat more tolerable. ;)

yemtol,

Do yourself a favor take a small sliver of it first beforehand so you will have an inkling as what expect. Just be thankful you are not starting with a brainstrain or a moruga, they take what you are going to experiment with to a whole new level of insanity. Good luck, Godspeed, John Glenn...

Ghosty...

I started with a moruga lmao im special :D

I did it. It's been an hour since I popped the little bastage in my mouth. I'm working on uploading the vid to youtube then I'll link to it here. It was unreal. Thank you compmodder, You saved me from what could have been tremendous gut burn. As it was, It took about 45 minutes for the burning set into my gut and it's manageable. The throat burn was unreal. I've never felt anything like that in my life. I could handle it in my mouth and on my lips, but once it hit my throat I was done.

I did it. It's been an hour since I popped the little bastage in my mouth. I'm working on uploading the vid to youtube then I'll link to it here. It was unreal. Thank you compmodder, You saved me from what could have been tremendous gut burn. As it was, It took about 45 minutes for the burning set into my gut and it's manageable. The throat burn was unreal. I've never felt anything like that in my life. I could handle it in my mouth and on my lips, but once it hit my throat I was done.

Awesome yemtol! Can't wait to see the vid. The throat is my least favorite place for burn as well.

I'll post what I posted in the standalone thread:

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Good on ya for doing it yemtol. I have some more advice for you now. Get back in the saddle. Eat another one soon. I think you'll be surprised just how much your tolerance will have increased from that one. Also, now you know what heat to expect so you won't be caught off guard. I'm a firm believer in jumping in the deep end (going straight for the hottest) to build your tolerance. You've done that, now just keep getting back in the deep end.[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Great video. I hope to see more in the future![/background]

3:52, "Hopefully before it has a chance to work its way through my glove..." I loved that, no worries yem, that is NOT gonna happen. and "Lord have mercy on my soul..." Next time, hold perfectly still, not easy stare straight ahead and embrace the pain, breathe deep, the cap is trying to overwhelm your senses. You did a good job though and take off the gloves if you are not going to eat any more, rubbing your forehead like you did could get dicey later on for obvious reasons. Another chilihead is born.

Ghostman... :high:

3:52, You did a good job though and take off the gloves if you are not going to eat any more, rubbing your forehead like you did could get dicey later on for obvious reasons. Another chilihead is born.

Ghostman... :high:

I realized I still had them on the moment I did that and ripped them off before I could make it worse.

My tongue still feels a little scalded, but I'm gonna toss half of one in a pot of rice for dinner tonight. As soon as I tasted it I was thinking this would be great added to a mirapoix for some rice.

Good job mate , I find i build up a tolerance pretty fast , but if i stop eating any superhots for a while i tend to loose the tolerance just as fast and it kinda takes my breath away again.

Great vid by the way..

Back