• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics BigT plant pics 2012

Just a few pics this year - my good P&S close up camera broke. Anyway here's some of my better looking stuff. The heat has stunted a few, especially those in pots. Raised bed plants don't seem to mind, but they get afternoon shade.

Scorpion Morouga & Butch T out back with buddies Giant Bhut, Fatalii and Brain Strain
plantpics72712008.jpg

Bushy Serrano Tampiqueno
serrano72712006.jpg

Giant Bhut pods - not many but the pods are good size
giantbhut72712007.jpg

Very Tasty!!
plantpics72712016.jpg

Fataliis in some very old MG soil - somehow doing great. Must be the egg shells and coffee grounds. This tray was literally sitting in my garage for 2 years with nothing growing in it - hard as a brick. Wet the soil, dumped it, crumbled it up, added nothing and put it back in. Amazingly both plants love it - and doing better than my new Pro-Mix plants. Accidents happen.
fatalli72712003.jpg

Bonda Ma Jacques - great pepper - my first year growing them. Reminds me of a slightly milder Fatalii.
bondamajacques72712001.jpg

Mariachi - I love this pepper, It was recommended by AJ. Not hot, but very productive. Pods are almost half the size of a bell pepper. They start out white - the pods at the bottom are just starting to turn red. That's it for now.
mariachi72712004.jpg

Good job! I like the growbags and its my second year using the same ones. Looks like they will hold up real good.

Got 2 plants from your Yellow Scorpion seeds and they HOTT!

Good job! I like the growbags and its my second year using the same ones. Looks like they will hold up real good.

Got 2 plants from your Yellow Scorpion seeds and they HOTT!

Thanks Alph - the jury is still out on the grow bags for me. Some of my plants doing great in them, some not. Those Yellow Scorpions were great plants - my two survived the overwinter and are trying to make a few pods.

Beautiful plants&pods

How old are the plants?

Thanks Dani....the plants are from seed starts in Jan, Feb & March - they all went outside at the end of April.

Bhuts are looking nice this year. Hopefully you get a nice "round 2" later in the season :-) I'm growing some of your yellow bhuts this year, do you by chance recall where you got the seeds for them?

Thanks Jeremy - these are the largest Giant Bhuts I've grown yet, though not quite to the size of your pods. Seeds were taken directly from those huge pods I got from you last year. Likely source for the Yellow Bhuts was Greg - (PIC 1). I have yet to grow them myself, but plan to next year. I'm just growing the T.S. Morouga this year from seeds I got back in 2009 - way before it was famous. The seeds were old, but the plant is huge and I expect a good crop.

Ripening Mariachi showing more color....
plantpics73012002.jpg

A fat Biker Billy Jalapeno starting to cork.
plantpics73012003.jpg

Bonda Ma Jacques - great pepper - my first year growing them. Reminds me of a slightly milder Fatalii.
bondamajacques72712001.jpg

Alright! Nice to see you growing it, I swear the seed I shared with everyone made better looking peppers than I had here... Windchicken is also growing the same seed...

Alright! Nice to see you growing it, I swear the seed I shared with everyone made better looking peppers than I had here... Windchicken is also growing the same seed...

Bonda pods are great - not as hot as I expected, but good size full of flavor.

Small crop from a few weeks ago - clockwise from top Mariachi, Giant Cayenne, 3 Biker Billy Jalapenos, 2 Bishops Crown and a Jaloro.

Ripening TS Morouga.

Infant Butch T pods starting to grow. This plant, grown in a root pouch, is huge and loaded with pods. Late to the party, these are it's first pods all year.

Serrano Tampiqueno pods early this morning.

The TS Morouga pod now fully ripened 1 day later.

TS Morouga pod awaiting dissection.

TS Morouga revealed. Holy crap this thing was hot. I ate half and it was certainly the hottest pod I've eaten in the last two years. Still, it is not to the level of the Brain Strain, which is beyond insane IMO and continues to be the pain king in my household. My Butch Ts are coming though, and hopefully a little later, a new batch of Brain Strains. Same year comparisons are somewhat more valid. I last grew the Brain Strain in 2009.

1st ripe Butch T of the year.

Butch T reinforcements. My two best plants by far this year are in Root Pouches - bye bye black plastic containers.

Ripe Fataliis. Good size.

More Fataliis. My 2nd favorite pepper after the Bhut.

Beautiful pics and plants. My Butch T grew a great plant but did not set pods until the heat wave ended a few weeks ago.
All my chili plants are in plastic pots, but will try bags next year. What is your bag source?

Very nice pics, your pods and plants look great!

Thanks for the link for those root pouches. They are fairly cheep, will be trying those out!

Fataliis look great. Congrats on the Butch T, is the aroma similar to the Brain?

I gave the Butch T pod away to a buddy, so I'll have to get back to you on that. Might have to wait for some fresh Brains to give an accurate comparison. My recollection of Brains from a few years ago was just pure heat - aroma was strong, flavor just OK. Bhut & Fatalii are kings of flavor IMO. TS Scorpion yellow and Bonda Ma Jaques not far behind.

Butch T Scorpion

Same Butch T pod as above - closer pic. I love the look of these pods when they have green stingers. While they look great, they're too hot to eat except in tiny pieces. Less aroma and flavor, but hotter than the Morouga IMO and rivaling Brain Strain heat. I'll be freezing most of mine as it takes several days to eat one pod.

More Butch Ts in various stages.

Scorpion Morougas.

Pile of Pain - Butch Ts and Fataliis.

Back