• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

No flowers

Curious why several of my plants simply won't put out any flowers. Foliage is stunning on those look very healthy but no bloomage ?

Whats the temp been there ? it's been so hot here my plants are not producing any flowers and what flowers they did have are falling off.

Maybe thats why, as soon as the temp got more stable here my plants started producing hundreds of flowers then it got hot again and they all dropped. it's supposed to cool off the next week or so so maybe ill get some flowers and pods.

Good luck to you

It could simply be the variety combined with the age of the plant. Typically, the hotter the pods, the longer a pepper plant takes from germination to fruiting. So if you are growing superhots, for example, and these are first-year plants, they may simply not be ready yet. I am in northern Ohio, and none of my very hot first-year plants have begun to bud yet. (However, my overwinters of the same varieties already have pods on them.) If they're first-year plants, and especially if they're very hot varieties, just be a bit more patient. If they're not so hot, though, such as jalapenos, then let us know and we'll see if we can help diagnose the problem, as jalapenos should definitely be flowering by now.

My bhuts have been very slow to flower and pod but now they are full of flowers and pods are popping up all over.
MyBhutJolokia1003.jpg

Back