• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

What pepper is this?

I planted seeds from a habanero I got several years ago and this is the plant that grew. It does not resemble the habanero I started with, but the fruit is hot. Can someone please tell me what it really is? (I hope the image comes across - I am really struggling with this.)
Apparently the image did not come across. Can someone tell me how to do it?

Even without a pic I would guess that the habanero you started with was a hybrid or was cross pollinated so they will not grow true, and cannot really be identified

Thanks for the photo info. I am trying with photobucket. Here is a picture of the "habanero".

100_1637-35.jpg

Look like Alma Paprika,hungarian hot paprika.Amish Apple or similat type Annuum.

Cherries I've grown are more round,these are a little oval.
Stems look thicker too than a lot of Cherries do.

BUT there are several of each-cherry and paprika- that are pretty similar.
Do they have a colour change from yellow to red?

Several years ago, a friend gave me habaneros that he had grown from nursery plants. I am pretty sure that it was seeds that I had saved from them. I plant three, but only one germinated. I have never had any of the other peppers mentioned, but all my other peppers were grown from purchased seeds. So I may have mislabeled. To answer Smokemaster, they go from green to red and are promptly eaten by some insect. I am having a terrible time with grasshoppers - they are eating my Thai peppers as soon as they turn red. Here is a closer picture of one of the peppers. It has a short, thick stem and grows upward, not hanging down.

100_1642-35c.jpg

I am impressed with how many responses I got and how quickly. You guys are great. Thanks.

Thanks for the link, Potawie. Sure looks like a cherry pepper type. I'll probably never know how I got it, but that's OK. I just intend to enjoy the ones the bugs leave me.

Back