wanted Canadian seed train P.R.O.J.E.C.T. ROUND 4 (looking for more members)

FRENCH BELOW......

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! WE ARE WORKING ON FIGURING OUT WHEN WE WILL START ROUND 4. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND ME A PERSONNAL MESSAGE, READ THE RULES AND WAIT FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS. THANK YOU! ROUND 4 WILL BE CRAZY!!!!!

Hi to every Canadians on THP! Since I borded an International seed train, and never received the seeds from Florida, this train only made 3 stops. Costums might have been the problem.

But here's the good news! I see a lot of canadian growers on this site so I thought that maybe WE could start our own seeds train!

The advantages : build up a larger and larger evergrowing seed bank that we could send ''locally'' without dealing with customs and have more and more varieties of seeds available.

If you are boarding this train ONLY to receive the most free seed possible, then PLEASE exit now. THP is FULL of folks that will send you free seed. I'll PERSONALLY send you free seed, if you want it. But to dead-end the train, horde seed, or disappear with the package(s) altogether isn't useful to anyone. The success of the train depends on ALL its riders!

Here's how it works : basically i start a box of seeds and then ship it to the next person on the list. that person then takes what they want and adds a few seeds themselves. then the box is shipped to the next person until it gets back to me then I send it around again so everyone gets something different and it just keeps going from there. the person that receives the box just has to pay the shipping to the next person.

Since Round 4 is now coming soon (end of summer 2014), for those of you that haven't taken part in this before, the main idea is as follows…
1) A list gets created with the Names of the forum members who joined the train .
2) You receive the parcel in the mail from the previous member on the list.
3) You take some seeds from the parcel that you want.
4) You put 50% more of your spare seeds (than you take) into the parcel (labeled properly) (so if you take 100 seeds you have to put back 150 seeds).
4.5) 50% more is not absolutely necessary but the idea is to grow the seed bank, not to depreciate it. The minimum asked is to at least put back the same amount of seeds taken.
5) You message the next person in the list (PM) for their address (give them 2-3 days to respond, then move onto the next person in the list)
6) Send the parcel to the next person on the list.

Rules:
1) The parcel only goes to CANADA members due to time and issues with overseas customs.
And only by sending the parcel from the post office.

2) After the parcel is sent, post the tracking number on the thread so everybody knows what's going on.

3) Only mail delivery is accepted. Pick-ups are accepted ONLY if the parcel is given from hand to hand. No ''letting the parcel on the doorstep, next to the shoes'' will be accepted. :hell:
4) ONLY CHILI SEEDS! (and giant fruits/veggies seeds are accepted :) )

5) Only take what you need, then add your spare seeds clearly labeled. (Baggies/Labels will be provided inside the Parcel for you)

6) Please label the seeds using the following (as best you can): True Seeds or Cross?, Type of Chili, and Date of Harvest.

7) Put all your labelled donations in ONE big Ziploc bag so when the train comes back to you, you don't pick the seeds you've donated earlier. So, the main enveloppe will be packed with big ziploc bags that each content what different members put in the train.

8) The last person on the list sends the parcel back to the first person (me) then we can sort out round 4 ( Round 4 will contain the remaining seeds from Round 3, minus the ones I take for my turn).

9) The parcel should start moving around the end of this summer or later depending of the climate.

10) ****IMPORTANT**** Please post in the thread when you receive the parcel and again when you send it on. That way others have an idea where it's at and this helps a quick turnaround.

11) We are looking to have the parcel received and sent back out within 2 days of receiving it (48 postal hours). This will keep things moving quickly as I’m sure everyone will be anxious for their turn!

12) To amortize the cost of delivery of the package for the two members who send the parcel from ontario to BC and vice versa, a voluntary contribution of 1$ to 2$ is requested from each other member. This way, it will cost more or less the same cost of delivery for all. Just a matter of being fair to all members, so no one is penalized because of its geographical location.

13) Have FUN !

If you wish to join please post your name in this thread and PM your name and address (used to create/organize the sending list) to me. Feel free to post any ideas you may have and any addition rules I may have missed.
You will notice below a list of members who want to board the train. It has ''N/C'' beside it (NOT CONFIRMED) .As soon as you confirm with me by PM AND this thread, you will have a ''R'' for ''READY''.
If your statuts is still N/C at the date we start the first round, you may not pass go and go directly to jail :crazy:
. Nah, really, you might loose your turn for this round.

Thanks to quvbsite for your help and support!

If you have any ideas or interested in this project, feel free to raise your voice!

And sorry for my bad english.....

FRANCAIS

Ce train est maintenant en attente vu que le tour 3 est terminé. Nous sommes en train de déterminer quand nous commencerons le ROUND 4. SI vous êtes intéressés, S'IL VOUS PLAÎT ENVOYER MOI UN MESSAGE PERSO, lire les règles et attendre de nouvelles instructions . MERCI! ROUND 4 SERA FOU!!!

Salut à tous les Canadiens le THP! Depuis que j'ai essayé un seed train international , et n'a jamais reçu les graines de la Floride, ce train n'a fait 3 arrêts. Les douanes ont surement étés le problème.

Mais voici les bonnes nouvelles! Je vois beaucoup de producteurs canadiens sur ce site alors j'ai pensé que nous pourrions commencer notre propre train graines!

Les avantages: de constituer une banque toujours croissante de plus en plus grande de graines que nous puissions envoyer ''localement'' sans traiter avec la douane et avoir de plus en plus de semences
et des variétés disponibles.

Si vous embarquer dans ce train SEULEMENT pour recevoir le plus de graines possible, S'IL VOUS PLAÎT quitter maintenant. THP est plein de gens qui vous envoient des semences gratuites. Je vais vous envoyer PERSONNELLEMENT des semences gratuites, si vous le voulez. Mais à l'impasse dans le train, tout garder, ou disparaître avec le package (s) est tout à fait inutile à tout le monde. Le succès du train dépend de tous ses membres!

Voici comment cela fonctionne: Fondamentalement, je commence une boîte de graines, puis l'envoie à la personne suivante sur la liste. cette personne prend alors ce qu'ils veulent et ajoute quelques graines elles-mêmes. puis la boîte est livrée à la personne suivante jusqu'à ce qu'il revienne à moi, alors je l'envoie à nouveau , de sorte que chacun reçoit quelque chose de différent et il ne cesse de grossir. La personne qui reçoit l'enveloppe a juste à payer le transport à la personne suivante.

Le round 3 approche a grand pas...., pour ceux d'entre vous qui n'ont pas pris part à cela avant, l'idée principale est la suivante ...
1) Une liste est créée avec les noms des membres du forum qui ont rejoint le train.

2) Vous recevez le colis à la poste de l'ancien membre de la liste.

3) Vous prenez quelques graines de la parcelle que vous voulez.

4) Pour le premier tour, vous mettez 50% de plus de vos graines de rechange (que ce que vous prenez) dans le colis (correctement étiquetés) (si vous prenez 100 graines que vous avez à remettre 150 graines).

4.5) 50% de plus n'est pas absolument nécessaire, mais l'idée est de faire croître la banque de semences, de ne pas l'amortir. Le minimum demandé est d'au moins remettre la même quantité de graines prises.

5)Vous envoyez un message à la personne suivante dans la liste (PM) pour leur adresse (leur donner 2-3 jours pour répondre, puis passer à la personne suivante dans la liste)

6) Envoyer le colis à la personne suivante sur la liste.

Règles:
1) Le colis ne va que pour les membres CANADA, faute de temps et les problèmes avec les douanes à l'étranger.

2) Quand le colis est envoyé, afficher le numéro de repérage fourni par le bureau de poste sur le fil de sorte que tout le monde sait ce qui se passe.

3) la livraison par courrier seulement est accepté. Pick-ups ne sont acceptées que si le colis est remis de main à main. Pas de'' laisser le colis sur le pas de la porte, à côté des chaussures'' ne sera acceptée. : Diable:
4) que des graines de piment! (des graines de fruits et légumes géants sont acceptés :))

5) Ne prenez ce dont vous avez besoin, puis ajoutez vos graines de rechange clairement étiquetés. (Baggies / Labels sera fournie à l'intérieur du colis pour vous)

6) S'il vous plaît étiqueter les graines en utilisant ce qui suit (du mieux que vous le pouvez): Graines Vrai ou Cross, Type de Chili, et la date de récolte?.

7) Mettre tous les dons marqués dans UN sac Ziploc grand quand le train arrive à vous, vous ne prenez pas les graines que vous avez donnés plus tôt. Ainsi, l'enveloppe principale sera emballé avec des sacs ziploc grands que chaque contenu que les différents membres de mettre en train.

8) La dernière personne sur la liste envoie le colis de retour à la première personne (moi), alors nous pouvons régler ronde 4 (Round 4 contiendra les graines restantes du cycle 3, moins ceux que je prendre mon tour).

9) Le colis commence à se déplacer autour de la fin novembre 2012 ou avant selon si tout le monde est prêt.

10) **** IMPORTANT **** S'il vous plaît poste dans le fil quand vous recevez le colis et encore quand vous l'envoyer. Que d'autres voies ont une idée où ça se passe, ce qui contribue un redressement rapide.

11) Nous recherchons pour le colis reçu et renvoyé dans les 2 jours suivant la réception de l'(48 heures postaux). Cela permet de garder les choses en mouvement rapidement que je suis sûr que tout le monde sera soucieux de leur tour!

12) Pour amortir le cout de livraison du colis, pour les 2 membres qui envoient le colis de l'ontario au BC et vice versa, une cotisation volontaire de 1$ a 2$ est demandée a chaque autre membre . De cette facon, cela rendra plus ou moins égal le cout de livraison pour tous. Juste une question d'etre juste avec tous les membres, sans que personne ne soit pénalisé a cause de son emplacement géographique.

13) Avez-FUN!

Si vous désirez vous joindre s'il vous plaît envoyer votre nom dans ce fil et PM vos nom et adresse (utilisé pour créer / organiser la liste d'envoi) pour moi. N'hésitez pas à poster vos idées que vous pourriez avoir et toutes les règles outre, j'ai peut-être manqué.
Vous remarquerez ci-dessous la liste des membres qui veulent monter à bord du train. Il a'' N / C'' à côté (non confirmé). Dès que vous confirmez avec moi par PM ET ce fil, vous aurez un'' R'' pour'' READY''.
Si vos statuts est toujours N / C à la date à laquelle nous commencer le premier tour, vous ne pouvez pas passer GO à aller et aller en prison: fou:. Non, vraiment, vous risquez de perdre votre tour pour ce tour.

Merci à quvbsite pour votre aide et votre soutien!

Si vous avez des idées ou intéressés par ce projet, n'hésitez pas à élever la voix!

List and statuts of current members - in order.

marclocas R
reverand (N/C)
allaKAZAAM R
Zenpepper R
peterjack R
halleluhia habanero R
fireface R
pwmcustom R
bushwhackxj R
Shandley R
John-D-Farmer R
Sunshine R
marclocas

ROUND 1 FINISHED SUCCESFULLY!!!!!

Round 2 (Started january 20th)

marclocas- Qc- H7R 3B1
blue6demon - Qc- H7A 4E5
amps - ON - L5N 8L6
Penny - ON - L9Y 2S5

Shandley- BC - V3B 6J5
bushwhackxj - BC - V4V 1W4
Heatinthecold - AB - T1B 4P4
Keltickreek - ON - L1m1n4
Halleluia Habanero - ON - P0L 1Y0

Peterjack On
allaKAZAAM - ON - P0L 1Y0
marclocas- Qc- H7R 3B1

ROUND 2 FINISHED SUCCESFULLY!!!!!

Round 3
marclocas- QC H7N 4A8  (R)
Ambiotic ON- M6R 2Y8 (R)
Penny - ON - L9Y 2S5 (R)
Big Lew - ON - N1E 7J3 (R)
Blue6deamon - QC - H7A 4E5 (R)
thorolygood- ON - L0R 1B1 (R)
Aaronriot - ON. L1K 2J8(R)
balduvian - BC -  V3T 3E4 (R)
Shandley- BC - V3B 6J5 (R)
Allakazaam- ON - P0L 1Y0 (R)
Floricole - QC -
marclocas- QC H7N 4A8 END 20 February 2014

Round 4 (pending, will start at the end of the summer 2014, after harvest) If anybody needs specific seeds until then, please read the seeds list on page 28 of this thread, I will fix you up!

marclocas  QC - H7N 4A8
magicpepper
Ambiotic ON- M6R 2Y8
Penny - ON - L9Y 2S5
Big Lew - ON - N1E 7J3
Blue6deamon - QC - H7A 4E5
thorolygood- ON - L0R 1B1
Aaronriot - ON. L1K 2J8
balduvian - BC -  V3T 3E4
Shandley- BC - V3B 6J5
Allakazaam- ON - P0L 1Y0
Floricole QC
keltickreek ON- L1m1n4
Super Hots Canada N-S - B0K 2A0
Chillinoob
degenerate ON- L3M 0C9

THANK YOU QVBVSITE!!!!

Hello Marclocas!
This sounds COOL!
As to your question, the answer is NO...
I grow Orchids as well as Hot Peppers, and there are a lot of orchids that NEED permits in order to get them into the country.
This isn't so with Hot Peppers, since they are not "endangered species".
Though trying to send fresh hot pepper plants or pods to the USA or receiving from USA, now that WILL get you into trouble or cause issues.
Sending within Canada from one province to another, there is nothing illegal about seeds, heck even plants are OK.
So, having said that...
Let me know if the train is gonna start and when. I will be moving up to Northern Ontario in September. Maybe once there, I can catch the train and add into the assortment!

Mark

I'm game, I've got a bunch of seeds, and a bunch of pods on the way.

When we're you hoping to start this? I'd like to have some of my superhots ripe and seeded before the train comes my way.

Hey'yahs EH!!
:eh:
Anyway...
I just got my new mailing address, so, once I get up there (September 10th I leave and will be settled in by the 15th). I have quite a few seeds, though no Super Hots. Mostly medium to hot and lots'a flavour!
Let me know when I can board, and will gladly contribute.
Talk to yahs later!
Mark

Im in, I was involved in the International seed train and had my hopes up as well..... I'd love to be a part of this one.

I could get into this myself. Sounds interesting, looking to get more superhot strains on the go for next season.

We could start this in about a month , what do you think? Or we could wait for our peppers to ripe, so we can add more seeds. I will work on ''the rules'' during that time.

We don't need to be in a hurry. Next season is in a while. I want this train to be well-organized and have a ''plan B'' in case of seeds loss. So come on canadian growers, grow your peppers, collect the seeds and throw in your ideas! It's your train too :onfire: .

Hey,
Marclocas, PM your addy as I had done 2 rounds of this 2 years ago and never made it to round 3. I'll send you all the seeds from those 2 rounds. I can also give you the game plan we did as it worked very very well.

--James

this is cool! i want to join! let me know when it'll start! but the catch is my peppers only starting to ripen, i only have african birds eye available at this time.

It's ok peterjack. African birds is fine ! We could start and make a round 1 (like a practice), with 5-6 people, see how it goes. During that time , some peppers will have time to rippen. BUT, I guess the shipping cost would be around 10$ so if we all want to save a little money, the idea would be to ship only when necessary... any thoughts on that anybody?

P.S.
qbvbsite just sent me seeds today, so from now, we can evaluate shipping time. I think we can tell him a big thank you!

Hey yahs!
So, I am in...have a very nice assortment of hot peppers (though none of the Super Hots yet).
Did yah want a list?
Will PM you my new address "marclocas", and I can start right away.
Just have to remeber that I move on September 9 or 10...
Looking forward to this!

PM answered allakazaam! Thank you!

Just added some basic rules to follow in order to have this train running like the wind. Read carefully please.

Seems there are others interested...
Quite a few people replied! There are forum members not on the list you have.
Anyway, let me know when you send out.
Mark

Yes this sounds like a cool plan, I'd like to join. I've got a bunch of caribbean red habanero seeds as well as a few bhut, will have more in a month or so. I'll send you my address.

Back