Free Vegetable seeds. Free Tomato seeds and Free Herb seeds FREE CONTEST

Penny is SO excited about this contest.
(by the way...Penny's Tomato seed collection is world class at https://www.pennystomatoes.com/shoppingcart/html/combo.htm )

BIG AND UGLY TOMATO CONTEST
Here's how it works...email your big or ugly pictures to Penny@PennysTomatoes.com (enter as many tomato pics as you want) and we'll announce 5 winners total for both category's combined by late next week in my newsletter and on Facebook adn THP. These can be red, green, black etc tomatoes on the vine or off it doesn't matter. We're just looking for BIG AND/OR UGLY!!
WHAT CAN...YOU WIN??? Here are the prizes...
1st place winner will win my Black Gourmet Tomatoes In A Box Collection (not on the website which includes Paul Robeson, Cherokee Purple, Black Pineapple, Black Sea & Black Krim) AND my Herbs In A Box Collection.
2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place winners will win 3 free packs of Tomato seeds (Giant Beefsteak, Box Car Willie, Black Prince) and 4 free packs of herb seeds (sweet Basil, Parsley, Cilantro and Dill)
A $30 Value!!
Just email your pics to me at pennym@sc.rr.com

5L35Nb5P23Gb3Le3F4c81630be2ed770417f3.jpg

Attachments

• Ugliest Tomato contest !.jpg
    Ugliest Tomato contest !.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 101
Do they have to be pics from this year Joe?

No Potawie....any years pics can qualify.
So send them in.
Pepper Joe

320f84ec.jpg

86a5966d.jpg

dd76b1fa.jpg

wish i had a scale.... but heres a coconut for comparison

Denniz
That is ONE Ugly Yellow Mater Denniz....but what a good looking coconut.
:)
Pepper Joe

IMG_1077.jpg

green mutant babies!
Aji Hombre....is that Tomato from the Movie "Alien"??
Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe
:dance: :P :dance: :P :dance: :P

Not sure if they are really ugly, but here are a few of mine

IMG_6581.jpg
Very Cool Steve5000,
Keep looking....now you are getting sleepy.....and more sleepy....
and these tomatoes will hypnotize you....sleepy.....
:party:
Pepper Joe

CONTEST WINNERS.....Okay Facebook Friends & THP members...you didn't make this easy for me....there were sooo many entrees that it was REALLY hard to choose just 5. Actually we have a tie so there will be 6 winners......There were 3 REALLY UGLY tomatoes worthy of induction into our "UGLY MATER HALL OF FAME" (actually there were more but I could only choose the 3) There's a 3 way tie for the best BIG tomato picture so here we go.......
Tied for 5th PLACE:
Michelle Williams of Ball Ground, GA & Liz Krejci (I need your address)
4th PLACE: Lee Hall of Rockvale TN
3rd PLACE: Amanda Castle of Anaheim CA (Wow beautiful Huge Tomato)
2nd PLACE: Jim Merrell (Wow that was one UGLY MATER!!)
AND THE FIRST PLACE WINNER OF THIS CONTEST IS........
Matt Maxwell of Orchard NE (I sure home it tasted better than it looked!!) Check out Matt's UGLY tomato pictured below.

THP folks...note....the contest is ongoing....

Penny & Pepper Joe

ugly tomato champ Matt Maxwell.jpg

We've got a NEW Champ in town.
And it's one of our own here at THP.....POTAWIE.
Congratulatios Potawie!!
Just drop me an email to pepperjoe@sc.rr.com with your mailing address Bud.
Here's Potawies entry:

ugly tomato contest THP member Potawie.jpg

Tell us more about this tomato variety.....do they all look like this? Is this one edible? Taste?
I've never seen one like this...and all Penny does is tomatoes and she hasn't either.
Again, Congrats!!
Tomato-Ly Yours,
Penny
:clap:
Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe
:dance: :P :dance: :P :dance: :P

Yes, they all pretty much look like that. They aren't the best tasting, and they ripen unevenly, some areas rot before others are ripe but they sure are eye catching

July 7 011 by potawie, on Flickr

As for the prize, maybe pass it on to someone more needy or whatever you like. Thank you Joe but I believe I already have most of the varieties listed in the prize pack and am actually trying to cut down on the number of varieties I grow.

Back