• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hunan hand thread!

Crikey, I cut up some Fatalii for pizza tonight & my temples & the bottom of my nose are on fire:mouthonfire: hang on... my ear lobes are burning too:mouthonfire:

billyboy said:
Crikey, I cut up some Fatalii for pizza tonight & my temples & the bottom of my nose are on fire:mouthonfire: hang on... my ear lobes are burning too:mouthonfire:

Quick, soak your head in beer...from the inside out.

lol no good is it I don'tever get the whole hunan hand but gotI've had it on my face stomach GROAN it can be fairly unforgiving in certain sensitive areas. no wonder the next day after a good hotmeal can get a little Johny Cash.

The hunan hand, face, arms, eyes, ears, nose hit me two years ago when I had my first experience with fresh dried habaneros. Put them in my new quisenart 3/4 hp food processor, made a powder and made the mistake of sticking my nose close when I opened it. I knew better but did it anyway. The aroma of the peppers made it about half way up my nostrils before I coughed. Well, pepper powder everywhere. Forearms, back of hands, face, ears, forehead....heck all burned. Went straight to the shower and stayed in there for 30 minutes or so. Good thing I had goggles on. LESSON LEARNED!!!!

it can be pretty rough! last time i had it, i wound up driving to the grocery store to by some milk to soak my hands in since we had none in the fridge. after that i made sure to have some gloves on hand when working with hot peppers.

I never use gloves anymore it always seems to make things worse for me. My worst hunan's hand was from doing dishes after making a batch of Naga sauce and chile water got in the glove.:mouthonfire: Now I've learned to rinse everything very well before soaking.

I only get it between my fingers up near the nuckles. I've learned to do everything using my fingertips, they're like wood lol. and wash with warm water & dish soap every few minutes. Hunan eye...now thats a whole other story, I'm going to be wearing a welding shield soon...always get hit there.

I've never suffered with the eyes but believe me I've suffered with it everywhere else. Sometimes I find the worst burning is when I get in the shower the morning after chopping chillis, my hands are so painful under the hot water, same with washing dishes, but not so much the evening of chopping them. I've had trouble sleeping because of burning hands.

BobsYourUncle said:
It's worse when you don't initially feel it on your hands, and then later on some poor girl gets rather... err... hot and steamy... :oops:

Indeed! and not to be crude, but it usually starts with me and a careless trip to the restroom and then later gets transferred to my wife.

The other week I made up some 100% Naga Concentrate:hell:, my mistake was at the washing up stage where my forearm was down in the blender giving it a srcub (this was after Id rinsed it out with plain water), with that & the water that the blender was soaking in the sink my hands up to my elbows were burning for 6 hours or more its was unbelievably painful, all my post sauce washing dutys are now carried out in the dishwasher:!:

rainbowberry said:
I've never suffered with the eyes but believe me I've suffered with it everywhere else. Sometimes I find the worst burning is when I get in the shower the morning after chopping chillis, my hands are so painful under the hot water, same with washing dishes, but not so much the evening of chopping them. I've had trouble sleeping because of burning hands.

I've had that happen, the burning in the shower the next morning. Also I find that the next day when I'm wearing gloves here in the lab that I have spots of burning under the latex.

:mouthonfire:Blimey,will I ever learn..... I was outside talking to my chilli plants and this beautiful Caribbean Red Hot pod was asking to be picked, I cut it open had a sniff mmmm awesome smell, had a taste, wow delicious! the heat built it was bearable no problem, thought while its cut open Ill get the seeds out and save them, (no gloves) well 30mins later the left hand side of my face is melting, my eyebrow on that side feels like its icy cold, the top of my hands are white hot esp that bit between thumb & forefinger, the skin on my left shoulder has changed colour.... all the while I can still smell the delicate scent this pod has emitted. think Ill just ride this one out:P

billyboy said:
:mouthonfire:Blimey,will I ever learn..... I was outside talking to my chilli plants and this beautiful Caribbean Red Hot pod was asking to be picked, I cut it open had a sniff mmmm awesome smell, had a taste, wow delicious! the heat built it was bearable no problem, thought while its cut open Ill get the seeds out and save them, (no gloves) well 30mins later the left hand side of my face is melting, my eyebrow on that side feels like its icy cold, the top of my hands are white hot esp that bit between thumb & forefinger, the skin on my left shoulder has changed colour.... all the while I can still smell the delicate scent this pod has emitted. think Ill just ride this one out:P

I find it hard to have any sympathy for someone lucky enough to have just picked a fresh Caribbean Red from their yard.
...'ride it out' Hell enjoy the ride :onfire:

Hunan hand...pfffftt! I think I just got a case of Hunan Lungs.

When IGG passed through here last month, he dropped off a bag of peppers that had a ton of Fatali, a bunch of his famous pequinero, two Naga Morich pods...I don't know what else. So, I put them with the orange habs and tabasco peppers I had from the end of my season....and sauced 'em up.

It's just after midnight here and I started this little project about 10:30pm. Needless to say, the sauce is good (and really freaking hot!). However, be careful when bottling that you don't breathe in too many fumes. I just had a coughing fit that gave me one helluva headache, and it hurts my lungs when I breathe not to mention trying to deal with the cap rush from tasting.

I don't think I want to work with Nagas and Fatallis anymore...

DevilDuck said:
When IGG passed through here last month, he dropped off a bag of peppers that had a ton of Fatali, a bunch of his famous pequinero, two Naga Morich pods...I don't know what else.
Pequins, and some Scotch Bonnets.

DevilDuck said:
Hunan hand...pfffftt! I think I just got a case of Hunan Lungs.
I've doen that. When I make my Dave's Zesty Blend (Dave is suposidly sending me the coffee grinder so you'll be getting the batch I owe you soon), I use a coffee grinder. The very fine grains of the powder just fill the room and I've got snot and tears running everywhere and it acts up my asthma like noone's business.

Ive had that a few times and not feeling it myself passed it onto the little woman
when that has happened to say the least she wasnt too impressed lol

Fatalii and devils tongue are unforgiving the naga frommy limited experince are dangerous. I got small kids my 7 year old he knows better, my four year old gets nervous about stirfrys so youknow she won't touch the but mybaby girl whois two is a terror, alway grabing spicy food etc from your plate ( she actually dosn'tmind mildly spicy food), she recognises chilli and will grab them and bring them to me. the thing is I don't grow too many yellow peppers, I had some cut fatalii drying for seeds and she grabed one... they are yellow not red and they smell like lemon she loves fruit. needless to say she got a bit and it wasn't good she only got a little but it made her squeal, we washed her hands and gave her some icecream and she was hapyy after about 5 minutes. You got to be so careful, if she had got it in her eye we would have had to probably get her some medical attention.
Now all the superhots goon the top shelf.

Back