Another Newbie

Hi Folks,

My name is Patrick and I found this site just recently and thought I might pick a few brains and get some insight on growing habaneros.

I have to confess that I'm not a huge fan of eating the hot stuff but I do love growing it. An added bonus is how beautiful the plants are. If you've never seen a habanero plant with orange fruit covering most of it you're missing one of the prettiest things on the planet.

Patrick

Welcome! Think about eating them too ;)

welcome to the boards patrick. glad you decided to sign up. there are lots of really knowledgeable people here when it comes to growing peppers and making sauces/food.

Welcome Patrick!

I don't munch the really hot peppers like most of these crazy people do, I prefer the more moderate ones. I use the hot ones for cooking. And I agree that they're beautiful plants. Try a Trinidad Perfume pepper sometime, it looks like a Christmas tree covered in yellow ornaments.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Like I said I'm not really into the heat but I do like the flavor that the different types of peppers can add to cooking. Plus the smells. When you drop a couple of diced peppers and onions onto a hot skillet with the butter bubbling there are few smells that compare.

I believe I'll do some wandering around the site and see what is what. Thanks again for the warm welcome folks.

Back