Hi All, New to the Forum

Just wanted to say "hi" and introduce myself....I'm from the USA, avid gardener and love to grow and cook with new varieties of veggies, especially chillies....I'm interested in trading seeds or recipes. (-8

Welcome! You found the right place for both.

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the warm welcome,....I just posted a recipe for a very warm Curried Butternut Squash Soup in the Test Kitchen section if you're interested.....BTW, what kind of peppers do y'all grow or use?

Hey, nice pics....so, it looks like you grow your peppers in pots, cut them back and winter them over?....do you get a better crop the second season?...how many seasons do you get out of a plant?

I usually only overwinter a few plants but this year I'm trying a few more. I've got a pequin going on 3 years and a 1st year bonsai'd Scorpion full of flowers but not truly "overwintered" since I'm using lights for most, more like "off-season growing."
My pequin gets bushier every year and only got sunlight last winter. This year its been cut way back and under fluorescent lights for now.
The biggest problem I have with overwitering is the aphids that develop, They can become a real pain.
I'll see this year just how beneficial overwintering/growing is.

Daisy7117 said:
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the warm welcome,....I just posted a recipe for a very warm Curried Butternut Squash Soup in the Test Kitchen section if you're interested.....BTW, what kind of peppers do y'all grow or use?

I moved it over to the recipe section under appetizers and starters (since we don't have a soup section...). You might like my Green chile chicken soup!

oh....welcome to the site!

welcome to the boards! you certainly found the right place for seeds and recipes. as for peppers, i mainly use jalapenos and habaneros.

Daisy:

Where in the states are you located. Reason I ask is when you ask a question, the answer very well could be based on geographic location.

Welcome from South Carolina!

What other rare or off beat varieties of vegetables do you grow?

Back