• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Winter Grow 2012-2013

Hey,
I'm doing a winter grow and figured I would make a grow log for it.

The Seeds:
  • 4 x TS Morguna
  • 3 x Butch T
  • 3 x Naga Viper
  • 3 X Naga King
  • 4 X CAP1144
  • 2 x White Bhut's
  • 2 x Brain Strain Red
  • 2 x Brain Strain Yellow
  • 2 x 7POD Barrachpore
  • 2 x 7POD Burgundy
  • 2 x 7POD Primo
  • 2 x TS Douglah
Lighting:
  • 8 x 40W Floro's for Seedling (16 On/8 Off... Fan 30 minutes every 2 hours On/4 hours Off)
  • 400W MH/HPS for Medium Sized Plants (14 On/10 Off... Circ. fan 24/7)
  • 1000W HPS for Final Pots (14 On/10 Off... Circ. fan 24/7)
The Current closet setup:

Currently on heating pad in Jiffy Pellet/Ziploc bag. Once they sprout I''ll move them to the non-heated tray without the Ziploc bag.

2v0bxax.jpg

15mzpkj.jpg

Subscribe there will be plenty of updates.

--James

Hey,
Just finished the bottom lighting which is pretty much identical to the top except its 8 cool white bulbs (4 T12's and 4 T8's... can;t find T12's anymore). There is lots of space in here I wonder if each shelf could hold 3 full sized plants... thoughts?

24gm1kw.jpg

1znv05h.jpg

--James

Well I have a few sprouts :). Has 2x Brain Strain Yellows, 2x Naga King, 1x TS Morguna... Sadly I lost 1x Naga and 1X BS Yellow :(... Both due to seed caps, the Naga rotted and the Yellow was my fault trying to get it off... oh wells I'd be happy with one of each so its all good. Pics to come.

Hey, Here is some more updates for all of you :). I lost a few more plants to Seed Caps (4 in total) and a few to rotten seeds (3 in total). But I almost have 1 of each plant so I'm pretty happy. I did plant 8 more seeds for the plants That haven't sprouted yet and ones I want 2 of (Naga King, Primo, TS Morguna, and Douglah). Below is a new shot of my plants:

Right to Left - CAP1144, Brian Red, Pod7 Barrc, Pod7 Douglah, Pod7 Burgundy, Butch T, TS Morguna, Brain Yellow, White Bhut, Naga Viper
2qdsfvk.jpg

Can't wait until the others pop

--James

You've got a killer list of super-hots! The flouros should get the plants running . The other lighting will take care of the real biz.
Will your main lighting be in a different area?......those plants can get pretty big and they'll need the extra air circ

Nice. Will follow

You've got a killer list of super-hots! The flouros should get the plants running . The other lighting will take care of the real biz.
Will your main lighting be in a different area?......those plants can get pretty big and they'll need the extra air circ

Thanks, I have about 100 more different types I want to grow but don't have the room inside lol.

Yep I have an area outside the closet that is 8 x 8 (with 6 x 6 used for the pepper plants) that's wide open and rdy for plants :).

Hey,
Figured it time for another update. I have had a few new sprouts (1x Naga King (which hopefully wont die this time), and another CAP 1144) but still waiting for the majority of the newly planted seeds to sprout. I'm hoping to get at least 1 Primo, 1 Douglah (my current one looks like a runt), and 1 Red Brain (sine my other didn't make it). After that anything else is bonus :).

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Right to Left - CAP1144, Pod7 Barrc, Pod7 Douglah, Pod7 Burgundy, Butch T, TS Morguna, Naga King, Brain Yellow, White Bhut, Naga Viper[/background]
5yghna.jpg

v7gvpg.jpg

I will be transplanting the seedling that have sprouted into cup today as the roots are coming out of the bottom on most plants.

--James

Hey,
Got some soil (Miracle Grow) and transplanted 9 of 13 seedlings (2x Butch T, 2X Burgundy, TS Morguna, Brain ST Yellow, White Bhut, Cap 1144, Pot7 Barrck) and re-arranged my other seedlings/seeds.

fe2z44.jpg

25yudkj.jpg

--James

Looking good. How many plants do you have now total?

Thanks, I have 9 Transplanted, 4 Sprouts, and about 20ish still germinating. Once all are germinated I will probably keep about 16 of them for the 6x6 area and haven't decided what to do with the rest. Planing on doing 5 Gallon buckets and keeping the plants trimmed to fit in the 6x6.

Hey,
Another update... Got some more seeds in the mail so I'm planting the following:

2x - Primo (From Source)
2x - Red Savina's

On the sprouts I got 1 hook for a douglah but thats it :(... Hoping for a few more in the next couple days. Wonding if my orginal batch of seedlings will pop or not.

Sprout Pic (Douglah, CAP1144, Naga Viper, Naga K)
jr2zit.jpg

Transplant Pic (Good Growth)
rc7wn6.jpg

First Spout/Biggest Plant (Brain Strain Yellow)
mw31ux.jpg

25tfd4z.jpg

--James

Another update... Still no new sprouts which is making me think I planted them a little to deep :(. I put them a little deeper the second time because of all the seed cap problems. The Douglah that did sprout never made it past the hook state and roted before the leaves reached the top. I think I may try and soak the seeds for 24 hours next time to see if that makes a difference

Well going to try a 24h soak then plant just barely covered to see if that works better.... Have the following soaking:

3x Primo
3x C. Lan
3x Brain
3x Red Savina
3x Douglah

Hopefully I get 1 of each this time.

--James

After reading a little about peat pellets (even tho I have used them before). I think I'm going to try some soil and Dixie cups to see if I get better germination rates. Maybe use rockwell for next years grow (90+ varieties)

Back