• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Indoor grow ?

Hello from ky i have a few questions about growing indoors for the winter. What is the best setup for a indoor grow ? Should i buy a tent or go with a roll and build my own setup ? What would be the best lighting to grow some hot peppers ? Any help would be great. Thanks

I grow indoors over winter in my basement (closet and back of laundry room)..... I start seedlings in a closet setup with 4 x 40W Floro's, Once i transplant them into cups I add 4 x 40W floro's (for a total of 8 x 40W floro's), after that they go into their final pots (3-5 Gallon) under a 400W MH Bulb, once they start budding i'll switch to a 400W HPS. This setup will grow about 6-9 plants (depending on strain/size)... I'm currently growing about 20ish plants and plan on putting them under a 1000W HPS in the final stage. Below is my thread on it with pics:

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/33354-winter-grow-2012/

--James

I start my seeds in a fridge that I converted into a grow box, under 3 2' flouro tubes. Once they outgrow that space they go into the 2'x3'x5' tent under a 250HPS. Used to use soil, but I'm now dabbling with DWC.

This is a seedling tent DP-90 powered by 2 blue LEDs and a T-5
fde0edf0.jpg

This one is a DR- 120 powered by a HPS 1000 watt.
9d29a14c.jpg

We live at close to 10000 feet elevation, growing outdoors really not a viable option. 45 days frost free days is a good year. In my opinion tents are the way to go.

Started that grow with 16 plants and backed it down to the best 12

My current grow is only 6 jalapenos (these plants get huge) with one tomato plant.
Going for a longer run this time and hoping for the same production amounts. It's a long shot but time will tell.

59ebb812.jpg

Another option for an indoor grow is LEDs, this one is an extra that I just could not throw out.

0806529a.jpg

All 3 tents are Secret jardin, DR 150 (5 x5) DR 120 (4x4) DP 90 (3x2). There are as close to light proof as I have seen.

I'm also growing in a Secret Jardin Tent (DR90), the reflection foilage inside is great!

I use Tneon lighting from Secret Jardin (2x55watt and 2x36watt)

IMAG0287.jpg

DIY circulating hydro, from the reservoir (under the black pastic) it is pumped up to the plants and drained on the bottom of the pots back to the reservoir.

simpel, but working very well...

I have a 6x6 closet that i converted into my grow room,
I use 3 seperate T8 shop light flourescent fixtures for the young ones, and switch over to a 400W Metal Halide for the rest. i have a HPS bulb as well, but im not convinced it helps at all. other than it runs cooler than the MH

temps are my biggest issue, so think about exhaust... i can never seem to keep a 400 watt from roasting the closet even with exhaust to the attic and intake from the garage. i need a bigger fan/duct setup i guess. 4-5" isnt cutting it

I grew using ebb and flow in Hydroton. This year I am going to use air pots with 50/50 perlite/ coco pith. I'll end up transplanting out doors. I'll post pics when I get the time.

Back