• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Why did you pick your superhots?

So I just ordered my first superhots the other day (thanks Hippy Seed Guys!) and can't wait for next season to rock some nuclear peppers.

Picked Bhuts because it just seemed like the standard to start with the supers.
Picked the Butch T's because it seems like a pretty popular super with a wicked reputation.
Picked Dorset because It seems less popular, but a cool looking super pod.

Missed the section that had Brain Strain or I might have ordered that one, too. I'll try to trade for some next season.

Anyhoo, why did you pick the particular strains you're growing?

For me it's just to see how well I can grow it. I love pretty much every pepper I've ever tried, so I don't really have a favorite flavor or strain. I like to see what cool looking plant and pods I can produce.

Picked bhuts becasue they were the first seeds I could get and now I like growing them because they are the classic superhand.. And then i pixcked yellow since it has a good taste according to people, yellow scorp cuz itll look awesome being yellow and hagin a tail, and douglah because it is supposed to be wicked and is full of placenta and oil

So I just ordered my first superhots the other day (thanks Hippy Seed Guys!) and can't wait for next season to rock some nuclear peppers.

Picked Bhuts because it just seemed like the standard to start with the supers.
Picked the Butch T's because it seems like a pretty popular super with a wicked reputation.
Picked Dorset because It seems less popular, but a cool looking super pod.

Missed the section that had Brain Strain or I might have ordered that one, too. I'll try to trade for some next season.

Anyhoo, why did you pick the particular strains you're growing?

2 of the 3 I started with were Bhuts and the TSBT, for exactly the same reasons you chose. I did add in Brains a couple of weeks later, as I learned how wicked they are.

Picked bhuts becasue they were the first seeds I could get and now I like growing them because they are the classic superhand.. And then i pixcked yellow since it has a good taste according to people, yellow scorp cuz itll look awesome being yellow and hagin a tail, and douglah because it is supposed to be wicked and is full of placenta and oil

And I started with Douglah for this reason.

For me it's just to see how well I can grow it. I love pretty much every pepper I've ever tried, so I don't really have a favorite flavor or strain. I like to see what cool looking plant and pods I can produce.

And now I've gotten to this point. :)

i am growing peppers based on recommendations from people and once i taste them, if i dont like the taste then i give it away and start a new one! since i can grow year round here i will keep growing till i find the 20 peppers i like!

I grow several types but lean towards the very hot but not super hot realm because I constantly cook with them and really like the taste. I'd rather have 20 very hot peppers in a dish than 7 superhots (for a similar heat level) because you end up with more pepper flavor that way, and you have to consider what other people are willing to eat.

I've just started m8 on my first super and I choose them on appearance and character no one pod is ever the same they all change colours and super do come with a brag right when ur mates come over for a beer and eat one,end up drinking all your milk in the fridge and go home to bed because they r "dying" lol but that's ok they normal leave the beer behind :)

I've picked a fair few for various reasons but funnily enough the ones I'm most excited about aren't super hots but jimmy nardello and anchos. Don't et me wrong I love radicolously hot food peppers but I'm interested to see what flavours these peppers will add to a dish or make a dish :)

I used to grow all the super-hots but now I try to limit myself to only a few plants each year plus some of my hybrids(Which I always need to grow lots of)
This year I am really liking the Primos for their crazy looks and heat, and nice flavor

When I first came here there was a member IGGY who ate a Naga pepper which to me, and at the time, was one of the hottest peppers going. It was hot, it was new, and I was a noob so I wanted to try it. Nowadays I am like Potawie, I grow a few super hots and then I grow for things I can use mose often i.e. Paprika, Stuffing, relishes and salsa's etc... that everyone can enjoy as well.

Well, for me it was because I love plants, and simply couldn't find spicy enough food anywhere. I love me my super spicy nachos, and being able to pick a pod off, chop it up fresh and toss it on top just made it all the more sweet! (or spicy!! :onfire: )

The first time I grew superhots.....

Bhut because it was the record holder at the time.

Choc Bhut because it just looked gnarly.

Bih because I heard it had more of an annuum taste (although, dunno what annuums the lot that were saying it had been eating??)

T Scorp ButchT because rumour had it at the time, this was the schnitzel that would dethrone the Bhut. (and whaddaya know)

Yellow 7 Pod because Hippy Neil used to rave on about 'em.

I've picked a fair few for various reasons but funnily enough the ones I'm most excited about aren't super hots but jimmy nardello and anchos. Don't et me wrong I love radicolously hot food peppers but I'm interested to see what flavours these peppers will add to a dish or make a dish :)

Just wait till you try them Jimmy's... awesome flavour in my books. So sweet!

I grew them this year for something different, I like the variety so I got a little of each from regular bells to to superhots. Before this year the hottest I've had was your standard orange hab, then a friend told me about cross country nurseries, so I bought a red bhut, yellow devil toungue and 4 t scorps. Scorpions however arent doing that well though, the bhut's and devil toungue have 100 pods I'll bet.

Bhuts and Douglah because it taught the dog to stay away from my plate on the counter. (j/k - but he did nab one once and bit it then left it on the floor. I wasn't around to see the expression.)
Actually I just happened on a bunch of Bhut seeds from a friend last year and been hooked on superhots ever since. Challenging to grow at times, but awesome flavor like the Douglahs are well worth it.

I choose what to grow looking both at flavor and plant specs cause i've limited space and dont like very late producers.
This is my first year growing superhots and i've learned that a couple plants are more than enough for my cooking needs ;)

Cya

Datil

Back