• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

aji amarillo pepper sauce?

i tested the pepper by eating it... pretty hot,not like habs but hotter than the baseline jalapeno my dad brought them back fresh from arizona and he said the "pepper stand lady" had said it was her hottest so i ate a bite raw (there were quite a few) they were big and tasty, kinda pointed so i pureed 5 and kept the rest(though i de-seeded one and planted them) lol so i put the puree into the sauce... it WASNT HOT oh my god my worst nightmare when i first started thinking about sauce (what if the puree isnt as hot as whole one?) well today that nightmare came true nd i dont know what to do HELP!

no extract please

i dont have any extract and am currently out of other peppers... luckily my dad told me that indiana (where i live) is the scotch bonnet capitol of the world! hopefully that is true im going to talk to one of the chile pepper farmers out them this weekend!

All isn't lost. Think about what kind of spices you can add to enhance the flavor. My first thought is garlic and basil...maybe some onion as well. Use some lime juice a little vinegar.....I'd imagine that would make a really tasty sauce.

Back