• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

naga experiment...

get some fresh ripe nagas take the placenta out, paste it, paste the rest of the nagas and you will have a less hot sauce and a hotter sauce... maybe more taste in mild and more heat in hot? dont throw away the placenta just make it into a sauce without the other part of the peppers... that gets made into a milder sauce with more chinense flavour and less heat? possible to mix chocolate habs with the placenta in the sauce? yummmmmmm! they will both be hot but one will be deadly:hell::onfire::mouthonfire::shocked:

Have you ever had a naga? There's nothing about that pepper that's "mild".

When I was making a sauce two days ago, I cut off a really small tip (about the size of a letter key on your keyboard) just to say I tried it. Dude....Just that tip was hotter than any habanero I've ever eaten whole.

If you're looking to kick up another sauce, or just to add some crazy amount of heat to something, then go ahead and separate the nagas. Make sure you wear gloves.

Yep, even without the placenta and seeds, it'll be hot.
But as a sauce it could easily be transformed into a mild mix.
Keeping the heat is the hard task.

That's why fresh whole pods are best for heat.

DevilDuck said:

When I was making a sauce two days ago, I cut off a really small tip (about the size of a letter key on your keyboard) just to say I tried it. Dude....Just that tip was hotter than any habanero I've ever eaten whole.

If you're looking to kick up another sauce, or just to add some crazy amount of heat to something, then go ahead and separate the nagas. Make sure you wear gloves.
i said mildER not mild sorry if i confused u (i kinda confused myself):oops::mouthonfire:

DevilDuck said:

btw i have never eaten a naga nor grown one... i wish i could and even though im not that tolerant of hot things i LOVE them i like the burn... but if it stays there for more than 5 minutes i get annoyed at it but love that "pepper high" after it stops hoping i will get used to the things i normally eat so that i can eat very hot things and taste the other flavours hopefully i will grow up to be like potawie :cool: im only 13 so i havent been exposed to that many hot things i remember the first time i liked it i was 7 i was in a pizza restaurant and i tried the dried jalapeno flakes that you're supposed to shake on the pizza i liked it and i was hooked :P

cap lover said:
btw i have never eaten a naga nor grown one... i wish i could and even though im not that tolerant of hot things i LOVE them i like the burn... but if it stays there for more than 5 minutes i get annoyed at it but love that "pepper high" after it stops hoping i will get used to the things i normally eat so that i can eat very hot things and taste the other flavours hopefully i will grow up to be like potawie :cool: im only 13 so i havent been exposed to that many hot things i remember the first time i liked it i was 7 i was in a pizza restaurant and i tried the dried jalapeno flakes that you're supposed to shake on the pizza i liked it and i was hooked :P
If it's not a joke, and you really are just 13... stay away from Naga Morich/Bhut Jolokia/Bih Jolokia.
I wouldn't give even a Habanero to one of my little cousins.
Start small, then move up the Scoville scale.

i tried a hab

they look so cute like little orange umm peppers! i tries an orange hab... idk why but it wasnt as hot as i though it would be,unless it wasnt ripe... orange about an inch long said on the package it was habs so i tried it but i still think ill wait to build up a tolerance for it lol in the mean time a bottle of 2 million scovile extract arrived... i put a drop in a full bottle of grape juice and i gave my bro a glass...:hell::mouthonfire::rolleyes:

Dude...seriously. The stuff we talk about might seem like fun, and it is...to a point. Most of us are pretty hard seasoned when it comes to fiery foods and wouldn't ever dare to give some unwitting sap something we would have issues with. This pepper stuff is really serious business. Practical jokes are not funny with this stuff. You can (and probably will) hurt someone.

If you haven't realized, we love peppers for much more than the heat they generate. Not the consequences of ingesting them. Take some of the advice that's been posted and really think about it.

DevilDuck said:
Practical jokes are not funny with this stuff.

An example of what DD is talking about happened Saturday night. We had a party for our musician friends and I made stuffed Jalapeno peppers and labeled "Extremely Hot". I only made a dozen of the "hot" ones and had them away from the rest of the food. About 10 o'drunk o'clock a friend of mine took one of the hot jalapenos (made with habanero and pequin pepper powder), dunked it in Dave's Total Insanity Sauce and gave it to his "used to be buddy". The buddy does not have any tolerance for hot peppers. I hope they can patch stuff up because they have been friends for 25 years, but the buddy would not even talk to him and left the party shortly there after.....

just be careful and always ask "how hot can you handle?" If they say, they don't make anything too hot for me, then they are fair game....JMHO

Just to mirror everyone's statements, peppers can be considered a weapon. And with any weapons you must respect them and be responsable with them. Many a times have people tried to get me to put extract in someone's coffee when they are not looking and I turn them down every single time.

cap lover said:
no, i am in training because i dont have a very spicy heritage besides my grandpa... he's dead now but he could wolf down 10 black congo peppers in 2 mins!!!

I learned how to eat spicy food from my mother and great aunt. Later on my mom stopped eating spicy food completely but my aunt never did. She was begging for something spicy to eat from her deathbed. Broke my heart when no one would give it to her. :(

cap lover said:

Dude at your age I was proud if I could handle a couple of drops of Tabasco in my food, do yourself a favor if you ever come in contact with a Bhut, don't eat it especially not raw. Stick with Tabasco and Jalapeno's.

Back