chili beer?

i found a cpl of places that have this but will not ship it to me i think its called crazy eds chili beer.
anybody know a place that would ship it??

bubbaschili said:
i found a cpl of places that have this but will not ship it to me i think its called crazy eds chili beer.
anybody know a place that would ship it??

Having read the reviews by the mix of chiliheads and beer drinkers alike on that thread, I'd suggest that you look for a beer called Jalapeno Ale by Garrison Brewing Co. out of Nova Scotia Canada.

If you took the Jalapeno out of it, at least you'd have a good beer left behind.

T

A while back I had tried a beer that had a pepper in the bottle. I believe it was Jalepeno. It was a good beer. I remember the label reading "The Beer That Bites", or something along those lines. I'll have to go to the store and see if they still carry it.

afte doing a lil seaching here on the net....I found a recipe for chile beer, pepper beer, or spiced beer....what ever you like to call it.....

Pepper Beer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classification: spiced ale, pepper beer, chili beer, jalapeno peppers, serrano peppers, extract
Source: Paul Sherril (sherril_paul@tandem.com) Issue #871, 4/24/92

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most people said to introduce the peppers into the beer as late as possible, so I'm going to just put a slice in a few bottles and see how it goes. This way I don't blow a whole 5 gallons on this little perversion.
Ingredients:
6 pounds, Anderson light malt extract
8 ounces, light crystal malt
1--1/2 ounces, Cascade hops (boil)
1/2 ounce, Cascade hops (finish)
Wyeast pilsner yeast
several peppers (serrano, jalapeno), sliced
Procedure:
Ferment at 50 degrees (primary). Secondary at 45 degrees. At bottling place a piece of pepper in a dozen bottles. Some serranos, some jalapenos and a variety of sizes.

Dyce51 said:
afte doing a lil seaching here on the net....I found a recipe for chile beer, pepper beer, or spiced beer....what ever you like to call it.....

Pepper Beer

Classification: spiced ale, pepper beer, chili beer, jalapeno peppers, serrano peppers, extract
Source: Paul Sherril (sherril_paul@tandem.com) Issue #871, 4/24/92

Most people said to introduce the peppers into the beer as late as possible, so I'm going to just put a slice in a few bottles and see how it goes. This way I don't blow a whole 5 gallons on this little perversion.
Ingredients:
6 pounds, Anderson light malt extract
8 ounces, light crystal malt
1--1/2 ounces, Cascade hops (boil)
1/2 ounce, Cascade hops (finish)
Wyeast pilsner yeast
several peppers (serrano, jalapeno), sliced
Procedure:
Ferment at 50 degrees (primary). Secondary at 45 degrees. At bottling place a piece of pepper in a dozen bottles. Some serranos, some jalapenos and a variety of sizes.

What? No habanero??? ya heathen!

They sell that stuff here ( Crazy Ed's) but I've never had the urge to try it.

I like beer...alot.

I like chiles...alot.

But, you don't need to combine everything. I think the two elements stand alone and complement each other quite well as is.

I don't like it. I do recomend it as a great AZ vacation gift. I also recomend the tequila flavored lolipop with the scorpion inside. (just to let you know where my tastes lie)

The tequila part sounds great, but you can keep the scorpion.

T

I've had Crazy Ed's before. It's horrible. The beer itself is bad so adding the chile just makes is spicy bad tasting beer.

If you can find Rogue Chipotle Ale, however, buy a few bottles of it. You'll like it, I know I did. :(

Skydiver said:
If you can find Rogue Chipotle Ale, however, buy a few bottles of it. You'll like it, I know I did. :(

I didn't. Tasted like beer that had been left in a house fire.

Chiles I love. Beer I love. I just love them as separate entities.

Back