• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Peach Habanero Jelly

I've been busy this week creating pepper jellies, so I thought I'd share some recipes.

This is perhaps my favorite. It's an alteration of a recipe found in the Ball Blue Book on canning

Peach Habanero Jelly

Ingredients:
  • 1 quart peaches - peeled, pitted, finely chopped
  • 7 peach habaneros - cored and seeds removed
  • 7 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 2 pouches liquid pectin
Instructions:
  • I use a food processor to chop up the peeled peaches and habaneros.
  • Mix together the peaches, habaneros, and sugar.
  • Bring to a boil - stirring in the sugar.
  • Add the two packs of liquid pectin.
  • Return to a hard boil for 1 minute.
  • Begin to test how well it will set (put a few drops on a plat, put in freezer for a half minute and see if it is setting.)
  • Pack in sterilized jars. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Here's the fruit and peppers

peachjelly1.jpg

Remove seeds from peach habaneros. They are a wonderful pepper, by the way, and you can see there is still plenty of that wonderful oil on left.

peachjelly2.jpg

After running the peeled peaches and deseeded habaneros through the food processor:

peachjelly3.jpg

Final product:

peachjelly4.jpg

Amazing taste - one of my favorites. Enjoy!

And if you liked this recipe, check out my aji lemon pepper jelly, Hot Cherry-Currant jelly, or Black Scorpion jelly!

Awesome looking jelly Andy! My heat tolerance isn't quite as high as yours, so I made 3 cases of Serrano-Peach jam. Pics on my glog. Everybody here's lovin' it too. I kept a case and sold 2. Thanks to you and Bonnie for starting me on the path...

Awesome looking jelly Andy! My heat tolerance isn't quite as high as yours, so I made 3 cases of Serrano-Peach jam. Pics on my glog. Everybody here's lovin' it too. I kept a case and sold 2. Thanks to you and Bonnie for starting me on the path...

Awesome! Peach with some heat tastes great. Glad I could be a part of getting you hooked on pepper jellies, although between you and Bonnie and your cooking skills and food pics, I'm just an amateur!

Nice! I love Pepper Jellies. I have never made it tho.
I bet that would be awesome on a Glazed Ham.
and the Serrano sounds good too.

Nice work!

Wow! My mouth is watering just reading that! Would orange habs work as well, or do the peach have a unique taste to them? Being in Canada it's tricky getting your hands on certain peppers unless you grow them yourself.

Wow! My mouth is watering just reading that! Would orange habs work as well, or do the peach have a unique taste to them? Being in Canada it's tricky getting your hands on certain peppers unless you grow them yourself.

Thanks, it did turn out wonderful. I imagine the orange habs would work just fine. IMO the peach do have a different taste, a little lighter, slightly more fruity, nice flavor; but it's not like the orange habs have bad flavor or would overpower - in fact I imagine they'll blend in nicely. Give it a go!

Greenguru said:
Gave it a shot today did peach and fig it was long day for me thanks for the recipe.
Greenguru said:
Gave it a shot today did peach and fig it was long day for me thanks for the recipe.
Glad to hear it! Hope it turned out tasty for you!

Not as hot as I like, its like a fruity great tasting jam or persurve. I did not make as hot as I would like , it was for a nonchillihead friend and family member

It was the mildest of the jams that I made, but I loved the taste.  It was a good one to have people try to introduce them to the concept.

Very nice! I got some jelly from someone and now I want to give it a go. I have one question tho, and I hope it's not in the wrong place lol.

Does making jelly fill your house/room of fumes? Just want to know what to expect from making jelly. Thanks.

, Walter

Vegas_Chili said:
Very nice! I got some jelly from someone and now I want to give it a go. I have one question tho, and I hope it's not in the wrong place lol.

Does making jelly fill your house/room of fumes? Just want to know what to expect from making jelly. Thanks.

, Walter

It's not terrible as far as fumes.  Whatever food processor you use to chop up the peppers will probably retain some heat.  I have a food processor that is just for peppers.  Also, when you are doing dishes, filling the pot with hot water will create some hot vapor, if you know what I mean.  Usually I cough a bit, and I try to wash the pepper tainted stuff last so I don't accidentally make something else hot.  For the most part though, making the jelly will not fill the house with fumes.  I hope that helps.

You know, I am really beginning to love the fusion of traditional fruit jellies with hot peppers. The Primo/Apple jelly, now that I've sampled it, is awesome! I'll bet this one is pretty tasty, too, I love peaches! Chef Andy strikes again!

Back