• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

light stand made from items around the house

okay guys and gals this is my hoopty light stand i made out of things i had lying around the house. the main part of the stand that holds the lights and reflector is an old symbol stand from a broken drum set i had buried away in a storage shed. the light socket and spliter originally came from an old lamp that was also buried away, and i just happen to have some sheet metal in the backyard.
so what i did was took apart the lamp from original stand drilled a hole to re-direct the wires and then soldered and heat shrink wrapped the bare wires. cut the reflector shape i wanted out and bent it with a 2X4 mounted it all together and then added a little loom around the wires to make it look a little more professional. put it all together in about to days pretty proud of my free light stand ^.^ now i just need to go out and buy 2, 55 watt cfl's from wally-world and i'm set. lemme know what you all think
Photo030t.jpg

Excellent! Be sure to get the right temperature of bulbs! I like the stand idea as it allows you to adjust the height. I wish I had an old broken drum kit.

Back