• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

storage How to store my harvest?

well my pods are getting to a point where im going to need to harvest a reasonable amount of peppers. nothing too crazy, but enough that im not going to want to leave them in the fridge. i figure they can go a solid week in the fridge, but if i harvest more then i will use in a week how do you recomend i store them? i have always had some ideas, from pickling to hot sauce to freezing to drying. but in the heat of the moment im not sure exactly what to do. if anyone has any recipe links and suggestions on simple ways to not waste the peppers id appreciate it.

If you plan on making sauces at some point you lose nothing by freezing them. I just made BBQ sauce with 1 1/2 year old frozen pods.

Freeze them, they will be great for cooking and sauces and you can still dehydrate defrosted pods later if you wish.

I make powder out of most of mine. I dehydrate them and then use a coffee grinder to powder them up. That lasts till long into next year. If you want the fruity taste and the searing heat that you only get with fresh peppers, I take those peppers and blend them up into a paste and then I can put some in the fridge and the rest in the freezer. They take way less space than just freezing whole peppers. (I only get so much freezer room for those "nasty hot things" that I like so much)

Back