• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

1000w HPS.

Hey all !

How much damage can I do with 2 1000w HPS. Say 14ft x 6 ft. I am thinking 16 plants ?

??????????????????
?# # # @ # # #?
? # # @ # # ?
?# # # @ # # #?

$ $

? MYLAR OR WHITE FILM
# 5 Gallon pots
@ walk way

$ box fans

opinions ?

those are going to put off a lot of heat. They will cover plenty of space also. It all depends on how much $ you want to invest.

Hey Sean! if you don't mind me asking, where the heck did you buy those?

I'm buying the same lighting system very soon, 2 or 3 of them for the garage this winter and was about to spend 300 on each.. High quailty company but if I could get 2 for the price of one.. That would make me one happy man :)

Hey Sean! if you don't mind me asking, where the heck did you buy those?

I'm buying the same lighting system very soon, 2 or 3 of them for the garage this winter and was about to spend 300 on each.. High quailty company but if I could get 2 for the price of one.. That would make me one happy man :)
Look on craigs list.

Mega, that might be the ultimate goal for me someday. I would like to possibly dedicate a whole entire large room for my hot pepper grow ops! 2 1,000 W HPS lights along with 2 lrg grow tents would be awesome! The electric bill would go through the roof though! :rolleyes:

Look on craigs list.

I don't trust craigs list. lol.

Thank you though :)

Mega, that might be the ultimate goal for me someday. I would like to possibly dedicate a whole entire large room for my hot pepper grow ops! 2 1,000 W HPS lights along with 2 lrg grow tents would be awesome! The electric bill would go through the roof though! :rolleyes:

Jon, believe it or not I didn't see any difference in our bills this past winter when I ran 1000watts of HOT5s 16 hours a day. I was very surprised. Otherwise I wouldn't even consider running 3000watts lol.

no its 10X10 foot.

This is incorrect... 400W = 4x4, 600W = 5x5, 1000W = 6x6...
2 x 1000W can effectively do 12 x 6.... As far as plants go it depends on how you trim them. If you do it right you can get 12 plants under a 1000W (If you cap the tops so that they grow more bushy)

I predict heat being a problem for sure, You'll need to be exhausting a lot of air to keep things cool. Even in a basement... I have a 6x6 room with only 400W and with a 5" duct fan for exhaust i still struggle to keep temps below 35*C (95*F)

Just as a reference point as to heat.

I have to run close to 300 cfs threw an 6 inch XXXL air cooled hood to keep temperatures under control. With a 1000 watts HPS comes a lot of heat.

Yeah the room I am in is much bigger than 12 x 6; that is back third or so that I am dedicating to growing. Luckily both the dryer exhaust and forced air heating ducts are very accessible. May have to utilize the ducts to supplement the gas furnace. could be a fun project !

@ Big Cedar: I picked them up at a local indoor garden shop. They asked I not spread their info as they cut me a pretty good deal for being a consistent customer and helping them with their pepper plant last winter. Are you interested in picking one up ? I can ask them to price you one if you like ?

@ big cedar

Looks like they may have not cut me the best deal after all. Found the same set up on e bay while searching for reviews:

http://www.ebay.com/...&prg=1005&rk=2

I use to have a couple 1000w with magnetic ballasts. My sub-basement ceilings are 9 1/2 ft.
They do output plenty of heat, the ballasts needed occasional repair which was simple but I opted to revamp my lighting for the pepper plants. I now have 2- 600w hps and 3- 400w mh/hps switchable....plus numerous flouros. If you have the ceiling height and the air circulation then you'll be in business. 2 k of power won't hurt you on the electric unless you're running 24/7. At peak I've got 5k worth of lighting on and the monthly bill is comparable to the typical mid summer electrical bills.

Back