• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Not a Butch T but What?

About 6~ months ago I had orderd these off Amazon ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B005HG49IQ/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0&isremote=0&tag=vglnk-c1061-20 ) deseeded them and this is what I got...

20120711_162932.jpg

20120711_162950.jpg

How they turned out..

20120727_102137-1.jpg

20120727_102152-1.jpg

New pics..

20120905_171712.jpg

20120905_171531.jpg

20120905_171606.jpg

Are they super hot? Look like they could be some kind of 7 Pod. Perhaps a Butch T open pollenated cross? The link you posted said the dehydrated pods came crushed up, rather than whole pods. How did yours arrive?

Looks like a very interesting hybrid/cross.

I'd say chinense crossed with baccatum (upright pods like baccatum, single pod, the height/growth, and the leaves look like a baccatum)

Is there any colour in the flowers? Baccatums usually have a bit of green/brown or yellow spotting.
Frutescens grow pods upright too, but pods smaller and leaves smaller.
If the flowers are plain white could be an odd annuum cross though, the extra purpling of the stems and leaves is more common on them. Though only on purple/dark pods before ripening (plant kind of also looks like a czech/hungarian black - but again with larger leaves than annuums - yours got baccatum/chinense sized leaves)

edit:
It's a 'bitzer', could be annuum/baccatum/chinense cross. How hot are the pods? If not that hot it may not even have any chinense in it at all. Though only you can say how hot the pods are and it' looks bumpy; I haven"t seen any bumpy baccatums/annuums....

Would help if there was some focused clear great photos of the flowers.

Are they super hot? Look like they could be some kind of 7 Pod. Perhaps a Butch T open pollenated cross? The link you posted said the dehydrated pods came crushed up, rather than whole pods. How did yours arrive?

They were dried and crushed, like a extra corse grind..

Looks like a very interesting hybrid/cross.

I'd say chinense crossed with baccatum (upright pods like baccatum, single pod, the height/growth, and the leaves look like a baccatum)

Is there any colour in the flowers? Baccatums usually have a bit of green/brown or yellow spotting.
Frutescens grow pods upright too, but pods smaller and leaves smaller.
If the flowers are plain white could be an odd annuum cross though, the extra purpling of the stems and leaves is more common on them. Though only on purple/dark pods before ripening (plant kind of also looks like a czech/hungarian black - but again with larger leaves than annuums - yours got baccatum/chinense sized leaves)

edit:
It's a 'bitzer', could be annuum/baccatum/chinense cross. How hot are the pods? If not that hot it may not even have any chinense in it at all. Though only you can say how hot the pods are and it' looks bumpy; I haven"t seen any bumpy baccatums/annuums....

Would help if there was some focused clear great photos of the flowers.

I had deseeded and cut them into say 1/8'' wide strips or so and every body that tried it said it was hot..

Old pic of flower

1346954206838.jpg

And from today..

20120906_123511.jpg

20120906_123245.jpg

20120906_123335.jpg

After going back amd looking at the pics in the link again, I've got to agree that it is a TS sunrise..

Mods if its ok I'd like to continue to use this thread as an informal grow log...

I still have a handful of seedlings if somebody on my area wants one...

I think I have three and they were all started at the beginnig of the year. They seemed to grow faster than the average Trinidad, get pretty bushy and produce slightly ahead of most of the others, Of course, your results may vary. lol. I know Duffy isolates his plants, but things happen. Looks like a cross, but that is only from a few pods so far. Looks cool though.
The plant is about 7-8 months old.

Back