• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First time super pepper-head // Failed

OK I need advice. I guess that I want to know the best pepper for me to eat as a first time super pepper-head. My hottest pepper that I have ate hole are my home grown jalapenos. They seem to be much hotter than store bought jalapenos. But they are seeming to get milder and milder. The super hots look a little scary(VERY SCARY), but I need to jump in somewhere. I need any advice that you all can give me on a !!first!! super hot pepper pod to try. I'll have to video my first time super-pod review. Just don't laugh at me too much.
hubbahubba.gif
beer.gif

I would try a Hab or Bonnet first lol.... If you really want a nice super pot 7 yellow or Trinidad scorpions are nice.

OK I need advice. I guess that I want to know the best pepper for me to eat as a first time super pepper-head. My hottest pepper that I have ate hole are my home grown jalapenos. They seem to be much hotter than store bought jalapenos. But they are seeming to get milder and milder. The super hots look a little scary(VERY SCARY), but I need to jump in somewhere. I need any advice that you all can give me on a !!first!! super hot pepper pod to try. I'll have to video my first time super-pod review. Just don't laugh at me too much.
hubbahubba.gif
th_e3059.gif

Go for a hab.. They arent supers but you will suffer ALOT from one.. and THEN afte you can eat those without any problem at all, move to a bhut or any other super you can get ur hands on.IMO they are all pretty much the same.

Naga morich, yellow 7, yellow Bhut, jonah 7 pod...all of these will give you a panic attack but taste so good you will want more.

Super pepper head is a title that comes... wait for it... AFTER eating super hot peppers. Then, you will be able to tell us what the hottest pepper you ever ate was as no one could possibly tell you what the hottest pepper is for you to eat.

I draw the line at Fatalii after years of Orange Habs. How anyone could eat hotter peppers just kills me!

They are CRAZY. But that is what THP is all about and why I became a member! The hottest pepperheads on the whole planet!

Good luck Habernero Fellow! Build that tolerance!

I've tasted about three good round fingertips of butch T powder. The sweat and saliva didn't start until after it peaked. Unlike jalapeno it brought pain and numbness along with the heat. Is the fresh pod hotter than the dried crushed pod?

Hey it looks like I won the second plate in this auction:

http://thehotpepper....ate-of-peppers/

Which one should I choose as my first super?
From that plate I would go with the yellow douglah or the 7pot jonah. if you wanna send me your address in a pm I can set you up with some other seeds free no sasbe needed

In all seriousness, if you want to jump right into a bhut or scorpion/mrain/moruga etc, go for it. but you WILL feel like you have fire searing the top of your tongue and like the roof of your mouth is torn up... It feels like that still and I have done a bunch of super pod reviews.. Your throat will also burn like crazy. Try not to panic, but trust me, supers are a whole diferent ball game. When you cut them open and smell them, you will feel it in ur sinuses... If you do decide to jup into one tho, record it!!!!!! itll be hilarious hahaha... good thing is you will be able to eat jlapenoslike potato hchips afterwards for about 30 minutes after you wont taste ayting either. JUst pain

From that plate I would go with the yellow douglah or the 7pot jonah. if you wanna send me your address in a pm I can set you up with some other seeds free no sasbe needed

+1. I've never had a yellow Douglah, but most yellow variants are usually really tasty and still quite hot. A regular Douglah is a real scorcher (about 1.8mil SHU). The Jonah is pretty freakin' hot, too. It also has a great flavor.

EDIT: I just looked at the plate you got. I've had some of Silver Surfer's peppers. Well grown, flavorful, and HOT. That Douglah x Scorpion is the hottest thing I've ever tried. Hotter than a Brain Strain. And no, I've never eaten a whole super. I take my pain in little pieces, thank you. ;)

Allow me to chime in...

I actually just got a delivery of Butch T's (got em for a spicy food challenge from good ol' Butch). Keep in mind, I eat habaneros like it's milk and cookies. I throw them on everything from ramen to a grilled cheese sandwich to salads. They were the hottest I could get locally, and we were never too keen on having perishables shipped to the house for obvious reasons (I use to run a shipping house, I know how often packages get delayed), so we all figured "well, how much hotter could a Scorpion really be?".

The Butch T Trinidad Scorpions will MURDER you if you've been eating just jalapenos. Just a sliver of one to someone who's never eaten a super hot will be enough to make you beg for your life, then curse all of creation for not just killing you instead. They are THAT hot! Afterwards, your tongue will go numb (but still burn), and your lips will stay on fire.

Work up a tolerance. Jump up to Habaneros, and when you can use multiple ones in a pack of ramen without needing a drink after THEN try a super hot. And if you value your life, don't start off with eating the damn thing whole.

Allow me to chime in...

I actually just got a delivery of Butch T's (got em for a spicy food challenge from good ol' Butch). Keep in mind, I eat habaneros like it's milk and cookies. I throw them on everything from ramen to a grilled cheese sandwich to salads. They were the hottest I could get locally, and we were never too keen on having perishables shipped to the house for obvious reasons (I use to run a shipping house, I know how often packages get delayed), so we all figured "well, how much hotter could a Scorpion really be?".

The Butch T Trinidad Scorpions will MURDER you if you've been eating just jalapenos. Just a sliver of one to someone who's never eaten a super hot will be enough to make you beg for your life, then curse all of creation for not just killing you instead. They are THAT hot! Afterwards, your tongue will go numb (but still burn), and your lips will stay on fire.

Work up a tolerance. Jump up to Habaneros, and when you can use multiple ones in a pack of ramen without needing a drink after THEN try a super hot. And if you value your life, don't start off with eating the damn thing whole.

I make habanero jerky with my home grown habs all the time. I eat chips with my "pain is good" habanero salsa when I watch football.

Back