• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Confession::::

I failed to build up the nerve to attempt a super pod. Sorry for letting anyone down. I do like flavoring my food with super hot peppers. And I like to grow the super peppers. But I believe that I need to build up my tolerance a bit before attempting to eat a super pod whole. I changed my profile picture from a scorpion to an orange habanero. I do not deserve to have a scorp as a profile picture. I also put a question mark in my signature. I feel like I let people down.

I would just go for it. I would suggest eating something before. The just starting eating them in the last couple months, the only real issue has been burning in the stomach on the first couple. Starting eating one during or after i had eaten something and that cleared up the problem.

Hey HF, sorry man but I got a good chuckle out this. There are so many peeps that have not been able to get past the look of the TS strains to eat a whole one. Its just one of thosse things. Don't get down on yourself about it. Instead of trying to take the whole pod at once do what I did when I first came accross one. Cut them in slivers and take a sliver down at a time. When I got better at takeing them I then started cutting them in chunks, then in half, and finally whole. Still hotter than S!#$ don't get me wrong, but I can finally muster up enough courage to do a whole pod. :)
Good luck with those supers.
Aaron

Once I'm raising them next year, I believe that I can take that route. Thanks for the encouragement and the little push. Glad that I gave you a laugh.

I don't know you, i don't know what this means to you. But i just can say, i have a little more respect to you because you just said you don't want to, instead of doing something you don't like, just because you promised something.. I grew 2 superhots this year, don't even know what to do with all the pods, just because they are too hot for me. They are just not supposed to be eaten by most people.

Okay, this is just ridiculous mate.
They're chillis.
Focus on the REAL pair of balls you have between your legs instead of the symbolic/perceived ones eating a superhot on video will give you.
They are HOT business. I was cutting off fingernail clipping sized pieces (TS, Jonahs etc..) for my friends last year and they're still talking about them. One of my girlfriend's mate's boyfriends ate a whole tub of butter (Pussy) to get rid of it and I literally thought I had to take my mother to hospital.
Who cares mate.
They're not for everyone.
Mods - create a Chilli Help section, please.
Also, if you want to just hit one - just get drunk, drunker and then peel one back. You'll get into it faster, the pain will be perceived to last longer and you'll have no memory of consuming it, therefore, leading you to it again :D

Hey HF, Sorry but this to got a chuckle out of me, not that it was funny but it reminded me of my first experience with super hots. I have always loved peppers of all kinds but the hottest peppers i had ever eaten was habanero's , Then i herd about this crazy hot a$$ pepper that was putting people on there knees and making them cry,puke and curl up in so much pain they cried like babies called the "Ghost Pepper". I watched you tube videos of this insanely hot pepper and what it was doing to them and thought i would NEVER do that to myself that it was just plain stupid and crazy. Then i seen where there where alot of people doing "reviews" of this pepper and others that where hotter. so i said i had to at least try one just out of my love for peppers so i found some bhut jolokias (dried) and my son (20 years old) eat a whole one first and at had him crying,spitting and acting like it was going to kill him (lmao), then he "Dared" me even double dog dared me to try one and even went as far as calling me a pu$$y so i pulled the bigest one out of the bag and chomped it down. OMG did it try to kill me, i was crying like a baby, spitting and trying to drink ungodly amounts of water to try to cool it off that it made my puke. well to make a longer story shorter the next day i was trying to get my buddy to eat one he said if i did he would so i did and it wasn't quite as bad.

The moral is you can build up a tolerance to just about anything and when i asked a few of the "pro's" about how to start eating super hots on a regular basis some told me to start small and others said to jump in the deep end head first (i think some of them just wanted to see me suffer) but i did i started with a half of a butch t (on my first video review) then later eat the other half well on my second video "review" i bit the bullet and eat the whole pod and since them i have built a high tolerance to eating super hots.

First thing is no matter how high your tolerance is a super is going to be super hot!!! no matter how you start take a few steps i have learned from the "pro's", eat a good meal first (peanut butter works wonders)then drink a little milk and take a good shot of maaylox or mylanta before you eat the pepper and then all you have to do is hang on for the ride lol.

I don't know you, i don't know what this means to you. But i just can say, i have a little more respect to you because you just said you don't want to, instead of doing something you don't like, just because you promised something.. I grew 2 superhots this year, don't even know what to do with all the pods, just because they are too hot for me. They are just not supposed to be eaten by most people.

Thanks man. I do want to eat a super hot. But I want to build up my tolerance first.

Hey HF, Sorry but this to got a chuckle out of me, not that it was funny but it reminded me of my first experience with super hots. I have always loved peppers of all kinds but the hottest peppers i had ever eaten was habanero's , Then i herd about this crazy hot a$$ pepper that was putting people on there knees and making them cry,puke and curl up in so much pain they cried like babies called the "Ghost Pepper". I watched you tube videos of this insanely hot pepper and what it was doing to them and thought i would NEVER do that to myself that it was just plain stupid and crazy. Then i seen where there where alot of people doing "reviews" of this pepper and others that where hotter. so i said i had to at least try one just out of my love for peppers so i found some bhut jolokias (dried) and my son (20 years old) eat a whole one first and at had him crying,spitting and acting like it was going to kill him (lmao), then he "Dared" me even double dog dared me to try one and even went as far as calling me a pu$$y so i pulled the bigest one out of the bag and chomped it down. OMG did it try to kill me, i was crying like a baby, spitting and trying to drink ungodly amounts of water to try to cool it off that it made my puke. well to make a longer story shorter the next day i was trying to get my buddy to eat one he said if i did he would so i did and it wasn't quite as bad.

The moral is you can build up a tolerance to just about anything and when i asked a few of the "pro's" about how to start eating super hots on a regular basis some told me to start small and others said to jump in the deep end head first (i think some of them just wanted to see me suffer) but i did i started with a half of a butch t (on my first video review) then later eat the other half well on my second video "review" i bit the bullet and eat the whole pod and since them i have built a high tolerance to eating super hots.

First thing is no matter how high your tolerance is a super is going to be super hot!!! no matter how you start take a few steps i have learned from the "pro's", eat a good meal first (peanut butter works wonders)then drink a little milk and take a good shot of maaylox or mylanta before you eat the pepper and then all you have to do is hang on for the ride lol.

Thanks for the advice. When I get the nerve to eat a super, I'll take the preparations that you suggested.

Eating chiles that hurt is just machismo bullstuff.

You don't have to apologize for not being foolish.
I totally agree with that part of it.

But from my outsider's perspective, it seems a little scammy to have somebody mail you a pepper with the promise that you'll eat it on video, then not follow through. At least make a token effort to repay the guy for the pepper.

Disclaimer: Maybe they've already worked it out, I'm just giving my opinion on the facts as I see them.

I totally agree with that part of it.

But from my outsider's perspective, it seems a little scammy to have somebody mail you a pepper with the promise that you'll eat it on video, then not follow through. At least make a token effort to repay the guy for the pepper.

Disclaimer: Maybe they've already worked it out, I'm just giving my opinion on the facts as I see them.

I have already sent MegaSpokaneMan a PM stating that I am willing to send him money to cover his expense of postage and the cost of his peppers.

I want to get the balls to eat a whole one too. I have eaten halves of many peppers though. I ate half a Choc Scorp and my ear drums were hurting..

I want to get the balls to eat a whole one too. I have eaten halves of many peppers though. I ate half a Choc Scorp and my ear drums were hurting..
heh this gave me a chuckle... I have had my ears hurt from some..
Habanero Fellow:
Like I said in that other thread, If you can even taste heat in a Jalapeno, you don't want a super
I think if you like habs and eat them enough, then take a slice of a Butch. It'll burn, sure, but it will be over and done... no more drama.

Nothing wrong with being cautous better to take a few baby steps than taking a big one and having a fit. even taking small steps won't really prepare you for a half or whole super and I amit that after eating a whole Bhut on a bet from my brother's son, eating a Butch T or Brain strain is a bit scary, due to the fact that I think I might just stroke out and have my brain try and crawl out my ear.
I'm not as young as I used to be I'll turn 60 next month, but since I did a trade which included a good many of the super hots they will not go to waste some WILL eaten by myself along with my younger brother and his cry baby son. I say that as that is what he did when it came to eating his Bhut, which brought a smile to my other wise twisted in agony face. So there is no shame in being careful eat a few hot peppers and then try a small piece of a super hot when you get to where you think you can take it, eating a good meal followed with some milk will give you a bit of a head start stomach wise.
George W.

Back