• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

7 pot vs 7 pot. what is the difference?

i would like to know what you all think. here, i have two peppers (obviously). both of them are called the "Trinidad 7 Pod". i got the seeds from two different places. one from a friend, one from a seed company out of australia. i have tried them both, and clearly just by the looks of them they are both superhots. the more slender one may be a tad hotter than the other, but it's hard to tell really. i have to say they both have blistering heat and a great flavor.

IMG_0711_zps97826a9d.jpg

IMG_0710_zpsd01c024e.jpg

it seems one is an inny, and one is an outy.

The one on the left does not look like a brain strain to me , the right one could be a barrack pore..but its hard to say..... Just eat them and see if they kick your butt!!!

I would tend to agree, but the bumpiness on the left one almost looks like a brain strain.

to be honest i have to disagree about it looking like a brain strain. the brain strain's bumps look quite different to me. i apologize if it doesn't come through because the picture quality is not the best. i'm using my ancient iphone 3gs

Every plant, every generation can produce a different phenotype on the same exact plant. Don't sweat it....let Mother Nature do her work.

i'm not sweatin it bro, i'm just lookin for some opinions. :P

The one on the right looks more like a bhut jolokia... Atleast the ones im growin look like that one...

it is a little bit different from the bhuts i am growing. i don't know quite how to describe it, but the walls of the pepper on the right seem to get close together towards the bottom on this one, and they stay apart on the bhut. more of a "normal", less twisty shape, i guess.

Are the pods all similar in shape to these on each plant? If the one on the right gets any longer in shape on your plant, we could reasonably say it probably had hybridization take place at some point with another type of pepper. Both of those pods shapes are not uncommon to find in 7pots; it should also be noted, both of those shapes can even be produced on the same plant / same harvest. Spikes will occur randomly on some of my 7pots and scorpions during the hotter/stressful points in the year. The texture of my brain strains peppers does not look like your pepper on the left. The spiking is closer to what I find on my Assam Indian Carbon peppers. You should taste them and let us know which flavor profile is your favorite. Great looking pods, nonetheless.

Are the pods all similar in shape to these on each plant? If the one on the right gets any longer in shape on your plant, we could reasonably say it probably had hybridization take place at some point with another type of pepper. Both of those pods shapes are not uncommon to find in 7pots; it should also be noted, both of those shapes can even be produced on the same plant / same harvest. Spikes will occur randomly on some of my 7pots and scorpions during the hotter/stressful points in the year. The texture of my brain strains peppers does not look like your pepper on the left. The spiking is closer to what I find on my Assam Indian Carbon peppers. You should taste them and let us know which flavor profile is your favorite. Great looking pods, nonetheless.

yes, they are similar in shape on the different plants. i have one plant of the one on the left, and 2 of the one on the right. all the pods on have the same general shape, according to the plant. i think that i like the flavor of the one on the left better, more fruity perhaps, and the one on the right might be a little hotter, but still with good flavor. the one on the right is seeds from THSC by the way. if you go to their site, and look at their red 7 pod it looks exactly alike.

Pods vary a lot and 7 pots could look like 7 pot Barrackpores. However, if most of the pods are a longer shape, it's probably a barrackpore.

From my garden:

7 pot orginal
8028864075_86d7642095_z.jpg

7 pot Barrackpore
8028858955_a32a06f5f0_z.jpg

Back