• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Chili Tea

I don't know what I should call it other than chili tea or chili broth but each morning for tha past two months I have been drinking a 16 Oz cup of "Chili Tea". The combination has one beef bullion cube and one chicken bullion cube with pepper powder added (to taste). The powder I am using is the Hab/Tabasco/Orange Thai.

Has a wonderful taste with a burn to start your morning.

Has anyone else tried this? The only thing you have to be careful with is the salt content of the bullion is quite high. Suppose that is why I take blood pressure medicine...:)

I suppose you could liken it to "cup of soup" but no chunks. I limit myself to one cup per day of this stuff but each day I put more and more pepper flakes in it.

How about just fill a little baggie with the powder and steep it in some hot water? Make a true tea out of it.

I have made garlic tea more than a few times, it might be a good addition to your tea. Just halve a clove and steep it with everything else.

Now you got my curiosity up never thought of that. Sounds pretty cappy and a great pick me up in the day. Thanks for the ideas

AJ:

When I would go to an Asian restaurant to eat, I always ordered hot tea with my meals and would then add abit of soy sauce to the tea. I tastes alot like beef boullion but of course the soy sauce is loaded with sodium / salt.

Then I found Bragg Liquid Aminos. It's an all purpose seasoning made from soy beans and looks like and tastes like Soy Sauce but has 80% less sodium than soy sauce.

I mix about a tablespoon of the Bragg liquid aminos with hot water or sometines decafinated tea and add chili powder to it also. Have been doing this for a few years now.

You can usually find the Bragg stuff in the larger grocery stores in the health food section around the olive oil / salad dressing aisle or at health food stores.

If they have the stuff here in Alaska I'm sure they will have it in your end of the world. I think you will be suprised how similar it tastes to the boullion but alot better for you.

I was told there is a sodium free bouillon made by Hormel calld Herbox Sodium Free but have never used the stuff so can't tell you if it is very flavorful or not. I looked it up and found it on the internet but I haven't been able to locate locally tho.

AKButch said:
I was told there is a sodium free bouillon made by Hormel calld Herbox Sodium Free but have never used the stuff so can't tell you if it is very flavorful or not. I looked it up and found it on the internet but I haven't been able to locate locally tho.

I have used this stuff and it is pretty good. Can't remember why I am not using it now.

AlabamaJack said:
I have used this stuff and it is pretty good. Can't remember why I am not using it now.

I use a Swiss brand of Bouillon, I think the brand name is marigold. It's powdered in a tin, you can get soduim free and organic. I
usually have the normal one but I limit myself to one cup a day too. Once I tried another cup straight after and it tastes horrible, nothing like the first.

rainbowberry said:
I use a Swiss brand of Bouillon, I think the brand name is marigold. It's powdered in a tin, you can get soduim free and organic. I
usually have the normal one but I limit myself to one cup a day too. Once I tried another cup straight after and it tastes horrible, nothing like the first.

I used to eat natural foods until I realized there were a lot of people in the hospital dying from natural causes...:shocked::lol:

Back