• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Jay's Ghost Scorpion - Joyner's Hot Pepper

I have received quite a few message around this variety. I just want to be forthcoming that this is not a plant I grew from seed and it is OP. That being said, the first pods are starting to ripen and it looks evil. Several are interested in seeds and I am certain we can work something out. Once I am able to taste one and understand if and how many seeds this cross produces, I will have a better understanding what I have to work with. It would be awesome for others to have this to grow and I am a sharing guy. Figured it best to track in a thread instead of messages.

Unripe

jays_ghost_scorpion.jpg
jays_ghost_scorpion1.jpg

For those who have already messaged me, you are on the "list".

Thanks

Oh my god, this one is wonderful! You have any information about what generation it is? probably not stable i guess?
Is there any chance to get some seeds?

greets from austria

Yup you are a real pepper head Joyner---OP is the the best!!!!

I love it when I find new undiscovered peppers in the garden; but yours are AWESOME!!!

Holy cow that is an awesome looking pod! I'm in too. :) I thought about trying a cross like that. I'm still a noob so i'm trying to ease my way into growing and crosses. LOL. I don't think there is any easing with this hobby.

Holy cow that is an awesome looking pod! I'm in too. :) I thought about trying a cross like that. I'm still a noob so i'm trying to ease my way into growing and crosses. LOL. I don't think there is any easing with this hobby.
Yeah I am not at a place where I can do these crosses yet, no time left in the day. As for this plant, it is from Meadow View Farms in PA, not sure who Jay is but the pods sure do look like the cross name. I am looking forward to tasting one and going from there. I might try to over winter this plant, we will see!

Yeah I am not at a place where I can do these crosses yet, no time left in the day. As for this plant, it is from Meadow View Farms in PA, not sure who Jay is but the pods sure do look like the cross name. I am looking forward to tasting one and going from there. I might try to over winter this plant, we will see!

Yeah, I'll be interested in hearing how it tastes. I've been doing video reviews of super hots and sometimes it can be hard to describe the subtle differences. The scorpion has a nice subtle sweetness to it, and the Chocolate Bhut did too. So, maybe together they will be maximum sweetness! :P

That pepper does look purely evil!! As a newer grower and someone interesting in growing my first super hots next year I would be interested in some seeds if available. I am also willing to pay shipping too if you like. Love the tail on that pepper!!

Back