• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Is this a bhut jolokia?

....and i would say yes. i have dorset naga, bombay morich, assam indian carbon, all a form of red bhut jolokia and depending on first pods or production pods, they all look different with the production pod being more consistent. i have had some with no dimples, no curves and no creases just a round smooth pod, then when the true production pod sets in they show their true form.

so, now you are at a 50, 50 split........... what side are you going to take? ...... okay a little dramatic but it is a boring sept 29 weekend..... thought i would spice it up with spicy language.

Where'd it come from, HwyBill? It looks really similar to one I have in my thread down the page a bit. A small bhut looking pod about 2in long and 3/4in wide?

Still don't know what it is though. Probably some sort of Bhut...

Rabid: Hard for me to trace it's growing history.

I was out of the country for 4 months, and I had to take all my plants down to my parent's farm for them to watch over while I was away.

They took good care of all my plants (I have gallons and gallon of pods now), but I just got home and they brought me a bunch of fresh pods when my dad came to visit me.

This particular plant just started to produce, and this is the only pod so far, so no it is not a production pod. I'm pretty sure it is chinese/super hot of some sort, but that is about all I know for sure.

You know Hwybill i remember that b 4 you left you were offering free plants to people for pick up in chicago... hay like that welcome back.... must be interesting for when you see your plants after that long being gone.
Just checked the weather looks like next Friday there could be a frost.

Thanks F4F2. I actually haven't seen the plants yet... just got home to Chicago 2 days ago and I'm going down to the farm next week. It's in central IL, so maybe the cold won't be as bad as Beloit or Chi. Conveiniantly, dad was just in Chicago for a conference this week, and he brought me a TONS of dried and fresh pods. His wife did a nice job of taking care of them while I was away, we regularly talked on the phone about them, and she posted many pics of their development for me on Facebook. My God they took off!

I doubt next weekends frost will kill them unless it persists for several days. They will cover the plot with tarps for me. Also, my father raises game birds, and he already told me he built a make-shift greenhouse in his incubation room for his bhuts, where he keeps the temp 85 year-round for the sake of the neonate birds.

First weekend back in US for football. Preparing a nice pot of chili for the festivities and the Bears game. Twelve different cultivars of fresh pods are going in.

http://i.imgur.com/rBxub.jpg

That sounds about like my dad, he lives north of Peoria on a small farm...but yea seems your father has things covered for you.
If he keeps them alive over the winter there going to be huge next season.
Your fixens for the chili look great... I made some last week and added some puree i made out of superhots, it was so hot i could hardly eat it and the portion i couldn't eat the dogs here didn't eat either :drooling:

Nothing I traded for was "marketed" as a Naga Morich, but I would say the looks of the pod are in pretty decent agreement with with the Naga Morich I see on Google images.

I put the plants in the ground and went away long before much beyond the species could be identified.

I just put it in my recent pot of chili... when I hit a slice, it tasted very similar to a bhut to me

At the same time, I can't differentiate between a fresh bhut pod and a naga morich, since I have only had a bhut before

However, it did look a lot like a naga

I'm heading down to the garden next week, so hopefully I will have more pods at this point to form a differential diagnosis from...

Back