• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

this is what i wrestle!

7 feet 3 inches. evicted girl from the ranch. and yes she was tagged and legally harvested!
IMAG2429.jpg

IMAG2432.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG2427.jpg

Good thing you got that one, just think if they liked peppers your entire crop could be destroyed for lunch.. i know there meat eaters but who knows a red or yellow treat might look good enough to eat.

armac said:
It's a baby....

Lot of big gator in Florida now.

You know you only eat the tail, right?
she is probally 7-9 years old. she has been living in a cave on property probally eating twice a year! with all the rain we had she is out and roaming. gators only get big if they have lots of food! and 7 feet is still pretty big when you drag her from waist deep water on to land,lol.

In Texas we ate the legs, the ribs, the tail, and some meat off the back.

Must be the environment it comes from.

Nothing gritty about what we ate.

Harvested from my sisters 2 gator ponds outside of Refugio.

She's got rio grande turkeys galore too.

Unlike eastern turkey's, the rio's are as dumb as a box of pubic hair.

I've seen dear old ma walk up to em' and blast the toms.

Poor thang's.

It's just a baby! Wait a few years and fatten it up! A couple of neighborhood dogs and kids would help.

Yep we eat more than just the tail in Louisiana too! The trick is to remove all the fat and ligaments from the meat before cooking,
and add plenty of peppers!! lol

Awesome! Gators are such amazing creatures (even more amazing with garlic & butter). Funny when people say she is just a little one. It is unreal the strength they have. We rescued a little 3-4 footer a couple years ago from some folks who had no idea what they were doing and even she was a handful at that size. That was my wife's first experience with a gator and the look of terror on her face when I handed it to her was priceless, even though she was properly taped up.

So you own a whole ranch down there? Please tell me you have some killer bass fishing as well!

GEDC0878.jpg

ya gators are crazy. ive helped pull and load a 11 foot 7 inch bull out of the same pond.  dude was all gnarly back full of leaches and smelled like death. you want to really be paying attention when messing with alligators :rofl:

no killer bass on our property. no killer fishing at all. i think the gators eat them.  i actually need that lake to dry up. there is two nice ponds and 10 acres of land being wasted because of that "lake"

Back