• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help Naga sauce recipe?

Hello,

my nagas are still producing pods and i've already enough to keep me going for a while.
I'd like to make an easy sauce with a tolerable heat level (fresh nagas and flakes are killing my friends :) ).
Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

Datil

Hey Datil,
I started making sauce recently and i posted a recipe that has been a hit! I've sold about $1,000 worth of $5 jars doing a couple fund raisers. I did the recipe with Mango/Habanero but I also did it with Pineapple, and also with Pineapple and 3/4 a jar of coconut milk. The pineapple coconut habanero is the most popular. let me know if you can't find the recipe that I posted.

Thanks Doc, very interesting recipe. Libby Mangos is not easy to find here though, i'll think some alternative.
My main concern working with nagas is that they're scorching hot and i'd like to lower the heat to make it enjoyable to more people :)

Cya

Datil

here's a ton of recipes. Most of these are posted by home cooks, so use common sense when deciding what to do, but they'll give you some ideas. You can substitute nagas for habs, cayennes, etc.
http://www.pepperfool.com/recipe_home.html

<p>
Thanks Doc, very interesting recipe. Libby Mangos is not easy to find here though, i'll think some alternative.
My main concern working with nagas is that they're scorching hot and i'd like to lower the heat to make it enjoyable to more people :)

Cya

Datil
Use local produce...San Marzano Tomatoes for a base, grated carrots and onions for texture and depth, garlic for a zing, white vinegar for the acidic, honey for a sweetner, sea salt.....and of course the "Naga's" used sparingly.........very basic recipe.You can enhance this by adding any of these in moderation (we all aquire different tastes)Balsamic Vinegar, Lemoncello, Grappa...a splash of good olive oil...cook and blend, my weapon of choice in the kitchen is a food mill with a fine screen. Theres no need for seeds in a sauce, either tomato or pepper unless (one) wants the seedy appearance.Good luck with the sauce.......a good combo of ingredients will mellow with age...Greg

Thanks Greg, very nice tips!
Grappa addition sounds great, did you have italian origins? :)

Cya

Datil
Thanks, no need to stir you elsewhere, checkout the Hot Sauce making forum and page back a few. Theres some pretty basic recipes here to be had...My great grand mother was from the Florence region...but more recently my daughter spent a college semester in Paderno del Grappa, while my son did a semester in London...I was jealous of both......me want to go!

I love to cook...my kitchen is my den, Italian/Seafood...rocks!

Greg

Thanks, no need to stir you elsewhere, checkout the Hot Sauce making forum and page back a few. Theres some pretty basic recipes here to be had...My great grand mother was from the Florence region...but more recently my daughter spent a college semester in Paderno del Grappa, while my son did a semester in London...I was jealous of both......me want to go!

I love to cook...my kitchen is my den, Italian/Seafood...rocks!

Greg

Nice! Your kids are lucky! Everyone dreams about far places isnt?
Life is hard here lately... but food is always good :)
I'll try to make a decent hot sauce!

Cya

Datil

Back