• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

BIH jolokia sauce for billyboy

KNocked up a few one off bottles for my good mate Billy boy.

He supplied the Bihs as I have never cooked with them ans in return I made him this sauce.

Heres the recipe as its just for play.

50 grams bih jolokia fresh (that worked out at about 10 pods or so.)
1 TBS salt
3 TBS brown sugar
300 grams ripe mango
juice of 5 limes
1 cup Apple cider vineger
1/2 tsp xanthan gum

I blitzed it boiled I bottled.
Made 4 bottles (150 ml) the stuff actually tastes great, its very hot give it a month and I think it will be magic, one comming Billyboys way, thanks again mate.

Mick

Your sauce has been sent Billyboy, crack it straight away and give it a taste its sweet and tangy but damn hot, wait till you give it a sniff (You'll know what I mean), its too hot for me.... I think you'll like it. It will get hotter too just depends if it lasts that long.. lol

Mick

Instant heat searing on the middle of my tongue was the sensation that hit me upon tasting stillmanz little batch of this sauce, I tasted only a half a teaspoon full, straight out of the bottle today, its something like four hours later after my initial taste and I feel like Ive got singed taste buds:mouthonfire:

Its a 10++ on the heat scale stillmanz no doubt there!

Id proberly like it just a little sweeter at first taste just to trick the taste buds before that intense heat blazes its trail all over your tongue. This would be strictly for the heat lovers only though & definately not for a new comer:hell:

Nice one mate, proberly tame it back a little if anything, this is one of those brews that you fear before reaching into to fridge to grab for another taste:fire:

BTW. stillmanz, your packaging of your sauces is first class, if anyone has any doubts about ordering sauces thinking that they may break in transit, let me tell you now, the way stillmanz has his bottles packaged you can be certain they will arrive in the condition they left him from the kitchen. :D

Man you got that bottle quick.

Only abot 2.5 pods to a bottle... little pods, make you think don't it.

Give it a few more weeks and hopefullythere will be more sweetness to it but then again in a few more weeks its gonna be hotter....lol

its one to mess the friend up with, My money is its hotter than alot of the "extracts" cruisin around..... I'll take a pepsi challenge.... I got nothin to lose lol.

Enjoy it
I'm taking it to Jindivick to mess the punters up.

Its pretty rough..I gave some to ring sting to take home when he dropped in today.
It tastes ok its just blisteringly hot all the mango and brown sugar in the world can't beat those angry little pods.
You could use it in food to spark up a salad or something but I don't think Billy boy will be eating this one off crackers while watching the cricket any time soon.

oh, it's good. real good.:mouthonfire:

Hot, but I could taste the sweetness first, before the heat raced across my tongue to the back of my mouth. (then a cough, and back for more!!)

I did wimp out a bit and only tried a drop. Will have a proper go in the next couple of days on a chicken sandwich.

BTW, thanks stillmanz for the testers and the seeds!:fireball:

RS

No worries RS
Hope you enjoy.

As for the sauce just a bit of play It could be tweaked for commercial but I like just having a play around The Bihs are a flavour filled awesome pod fresh these things in my opionin are made for sauce particuliarly fruit... They kind of have a apple meets the smell of a mango tree (ie the sap smell) Just built for fruit salsa type things..
Thanks again Billyboy for letting me have a play with them.

:D
Thanks again Billyboy for letting me have a play with them.
Your welcome stillmanz & like wise mate, thanks for sending me out a brew to sample.

Im going to be putting your Devils Tongue Jerk Sauce through the paces this coming week, Ill get back to you all and post my findings on this interesting brew ol man stillmanz has whipped up from those awesome looking pods in the coming week:cool:

Oooh don't remind me about the jerk sauce lol. I've stashed it away in the back of my fridge to stop myself picking at it.
I had some on crumbed fish on the w/end, that citrus goes so well with that heat...all that flavor...oh god, ok I'm just going to have a little more now.

billyboy said:
BTW. stillmanz, your packaging of your sauces is first class, if anyone has any doubts about ordering sauces thinking that they may break in transit, let me tell you now, the way stillmanz has his bottles packaged you can be certain they will arrive in the condition they left him from the kitchen. :D

I agree with you there Billyboy, Stillmanz sent one of his sauces to me in England, arrived in perfect condition.

Be my guest and make a batch up IGG it really needs a month or so to let the flavours settle down but... its a what doI have in the cupbored recipe so add or subtract what you want.

the wife does the packages... you could drop those things from 3 storeys and they would probably bounce lol.

Back