• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

hottest sauce in the world...

How can Blairs 16 million be considered a sauce? It is pure crystal Capsaicin. It's not a sauce!!!

Man blairs got it covered big time!!! I know I can beat out The Source at 7,100,000 SHU. Hell I hit 1.5 Million SHU with my crude extract I made, with a lil more work and refinement I can get it up big time..... But I don't know if I can reach Blairs Caldera Hot Sauce at 13,000,000.....To do it I'd have to go with almost pure extract...........

Just doin a lil work on a few of my EXTREME Sauces and looking at whats out there.

FYI blairs caldera on a hot sauce website is rated 1.5 million - 13 million thats pretty vague with a big price tag!
(LOL the one at the bottom of this forum LOL)

I really dont fully understand why you'd want to eat hot sauce thats so hot, I understand some people started that vicious cycle of eating hotter & hotter sauces, but why ? how come you werent satisfied with regular hot sauce w/o extracts. or maybe stopping at 1 million SHU IDK about you but thats hot IMO.

Oh I agree that basically anything ove 1,000,000 is just plain out HOT... I just like messing around with things and in the process have developed some pretty Extreme sauces. and earning a spot (maybe someday) on the list of the Hottest Hot Sauces in the World does have some bragging rights...LOL... I do have a whole line of regular sauces that cover several BBQ Sauces and a few Hot Sauces...just none are commercially made YET I started dabbling with extacts and learned how to make them myself and I am experimenting with some different techniques to get it hotter...

so let me get this straight you're doing this for namesake & in the hopes of selling more product ? just remember chileheads are far & few compared to the general population & only so many of those chileheads even dare to eat that insane hot sauce. so IMO the market is small right from the getgo for those insane hot sauces.

can you even get beyond 16 million ? if you can I dont know if anyone would want to try it. why not try to make a sauce that tastes good & hot not insane hot where taste is gone because its sooooo HOT.

Or just have a chick in bikini on your bottle that sells pretty good...and to the same crowd lol.

I can see how it would be fun for you to play with the extract.. I just think that whole top end market is such a pissing test and the only people who win are the Blairs etc.... certainly not your taste buds lol.

chilehunter said:
so let me get this straight you're doing this for namesake & in the hopes of selling more product ? just remember chileheads are far & few compared to the general population & only so many of those chileheads even dare to eat that insane hot sauce. so IMO the market is small right from the getgo for those insane hot sauces.

can you even get beyond 16 million ? if you can I dont know if anyone would want to try it. why not try to make a sauce that tastes good & hot not insane hot where taste is gone because its sooooo HOT.

No 16 Million is the top...that is pure crystal Capsaicin and that is the hottest known substance in the world. Not just to sell more products moreless to be able to say I did it. My other sauces will sell themselves just on their flavor....I am going to use a different Logo all together for the extreme sauces I do make

stillmanz said:
betcha half of them, if you tested them, would come no were near the suposed scorville rating.
Too true!

chilehunter said:
I really dont fully understand why you'd want to eat hot sauce thats so hot, I understand some people started that vicious cycle of eating hotter & hotter sauces, but why ? how come you werent satisfied with regular hot sauce w/o extracts. or maybe stopping at 1 million SHU IDK about you but thats hot IMO.
Because the people that do that (I'm going off of what I've seen and myself of corse) are crazy. We're the people that jump off bridges with a parachute just for the rush and to say we did it.

I'm always satisfied with the non-extract sauces but I've got this huge tolerance now and Habaneros are medium heat to em. So therefore I have to dip into the extract area if I want something that's going to blow my tongue out of the back of my head.

But unfortunitly (Defcon and E.Z. Earl not included) extract sauces taste pritty bad.

Dyce51 said:
No 16 Million is the top...that is pure crystal Capsaicin and that is the hottest known substance in the world. Not just to sell more products moreless to be able to say I did it. My other sauces will sell themselves just on their flavor....I am going to use a different Logo all together for the extreme sauces I do make
Actually it works out to be 15 million (thanks to Pam for explaining this constantly wwhen she was here). It's 15 million because that's based on the equasion used for delution of cap. It's 15 parts per million of cap to every one part delutant.

Dyce51 said:
How can Blairs 16 million be considered a sauce? It is pure crystal Capsaicin. It's not a sauce!!!

Man blairs got it covered big time!!! I know I can beat out The Source at 7,100,000 SHU. Hell I hit 1.5 Million SHU with my crude extract I made, with a lil more work and refinement I can get it up big time..... But I don't know if I can reach Blairs Caldera Hot Sauce at 13,000,000.....To do it I'd have to go with almost pure extract...........

Just doin a lil work on a few of my EXTREME Sauces and looking at whats out there.

I read that the hottest one that can legally be labelled as a sauce is Mad Dog 357. Anything hotter would be an extract. I might be wrong, BTW I'm read this a while ago.

rainbowberry said:
I read that the hottest one that can legally be labelled as a sauce is Mad Dog 357. Anything hotter would be an extract. I might be wrong, BTW I'm read this a while ago.
=========================
According to a guy I know, most of the sauces being referred to as "sauces" have warnings on the label that state they are not sauces...they are intended as food additives....in very small amounts.
Now...these guys at the pepper palace took their product...named "the Hottest Sauce in the world" to a UT chemistry lab and had it tested. It was rated at over 1 million shu, and is considered an extract sauce.

http://www.pepperpalace.com/

Of course, they have come out with the hottest sauce in the universe recently. I'm waiting for a bottle now.

it would be toxic

Dyce51 said:
to get any hotter you would have to add extract of resiniferatoxin, a highly potent analogue of capsaicin with nuerotoxic properties... to be used in the future to treat pain in cancer patients by depleting the pain chemical in the trigeminal cells, completely destroying the ablilty for them to transmit pain!:mouthonfire::onfire::hell::shocked:

cap - whatever that is & if its true what you're talking about getting even hotter, you better hook shayne up with some of that :lol:

LOL

Extract takes all the variance out of hot it dosn't hit different parts it just hits and burns.
After eating naga ( and I always thought this was a hype chili until I tasted some) extract just dosn't cut it.. sure its hotter what ever it just dosn't have the full impact the flavour then the build various parts of the mouth burning... I don't know just my opinion.
put it this way ...if I want to get drunk I might buy some nice beer and a bottle of rum or vodka or whatever .. I don't go to my local pharmisist and ask them if they have some 99 proof alcohol to do some shots with we all know how thats gonna end...

Like I said extract has its place... just no were near me lol

well I reread what cap lover wrote & maybe that dont sound so good to try, what I meant was to give shayne something REALLY REALLY F'ing hot to try so I said give it to him :lol: but seeing his headline for his post being toxic I dont wish that upon shayne or anyone I just thought it'd be something insanely hot but still alive.

stillz - I had this feeling long time ago that I was the only person here that disliked extract sauce, since basically everyone else here was talking about how good this or that extract sauce was. I know theres others that dont like them but they dont make it known. rainbowberry said she dont like extracts but I think shes going over to the dark side :lol: (buying extracts)

I agree extracts are dumb!

Extract is taking it to the limit and I'm more than happy to say I don't think it needs to go there. ITs my honest opinion and I'll stand by it for better or worse.
Shame on you Rainbowberry lol I tell you extract won't taste as nice as those scotch bonnets through a salad. lol

Makes sense,
I haven't tasted your 0 but every one here at thp loves it.

Look to IGGs post..
"But unfortunitly (Defcon and E.Z. Earl not included) extract sauces taste pritty bad." thats a big plug for you guys.

no disrespect intended from my above posts.

Mick

imaguitargod said:
Actually it works out to be 15 million (thanks to Pam for explaining this constantly wwhen she was here). It's 15 million because that's based on the equasion used for delution of cap. It's 15 parts per million of cap to every one part delutant.

I think its Tina you were thinking of, and yes pure cap is 15 million
SHU

Back