• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Got sharp ?

New toy. :party:

Attachments

• bellyknife.JPG
    bellyknife.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 51
it is a "Skinning Knife" for the removal of hides from animals, the tip where the curve is is the part that is employed the most on the entire blade, it give great control in the pull cutting of the skin away from the inner body, it is a special purpose blade but could be used for other applications as well, nice wood what is it?? who makes the blade?

thanks your friend Joe

So is this where we post pics of our knives? Or is there one already? I'm guessing that wood is for the handle.

It's a design I cut out of a piece of thin would and have a friend of mine up'ar making out of 1/8 inch CM154 stainless. The handles are CA buckeye burl. I'll post some pics when it's done(next week). My machinery won't be arriving down here for 5 more weeks.
Then I'll be building some interesting stuff.I have a handle design of a curved Cayenne that will be carved out of Honduran Rosewood and given a red tint ( a dye from a fruit tree here).
Joe is right. I raise hogs and longhorns and this design is based on a piece I cut off a bolo machete to make skinning easier. The rest will be artistic.
Here's what I use for de-boning.

Attachments

• wharton debone.jpg
    wharton debone.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 46
Gracias amigo. The rocotos and "memorial" habs are on their way to flowering. Won't be long now.
My next one is a serious fillet knife.I'm thinking no wood and using an all copper handle.I'll have to post the handle pattern.It'll be a handful of copper,round, knurled and then a crisscross pattern with a 3/16 end mill. Long. 10-12 inch blade.1/16 AST-34 We gots BIG fish here.

Gracias amigo. The rocotos and "memorial" habs are on their way to flowering. Won't be long now.
My next one is a serious fillet knife.I'm thinking no wood and using an all copper handle.I'll have to post the handle pattern.It'll be a handful of copper,round, knurled and then a crisscross pattern with a 3/16 end mill. Long. 10-12 inch blade.1/16 AST-34 We gots BIG fish here.
awesome im glad that the ZAVORY are coming along nicely as well as the rocoto
yeah keep in touch with knife,i would love to see it

thanks again your friend Joe

I'm old school. I have a Norton India my 85 year old uncle gave me in the mid seventies and a couple of Arkansas hards I got from Brownells about that time for honing the hammer and sear when doing trigger jobs on guns.Sears and hammers are HARD HARD.Like a senators heart or a ministerz_____.
Do some Youtube videos. Once you learn a stone you can sharpen on stones, glass, river rock, granite. Pretty much anything smoothe and flat.
I've bent peoples brains by "sharpening" their knife on my windshield.All you normally need is to even the wire edge.That's why old barbers use leather strops. You cut the hair right handed and down and the wire edge rolls up. A couple of slaps on the strop centers it up again.That's why 58-61 rh is the max for a working knife. Any harder and the flex(springiness) becomes a chip instead of bending back to straight.I'm sure you knife nuts know what a Scandi edge is. It's the only idiot proof edge that is the easiest to sharpen for anyone.A Scandi edge, a magic marker and a cheap stone you can have a kindergarten kid to give you an edge that will shave the neighbors wifes fuzzy in no time.

Hey. I'm only the messenger............... ;)

Attachments

• wifes.jpg
    wifes.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 37
Back