• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

container Container Bhut Jolokia Plant - Many Ripe Pods

This plant was started very late in the season so I'm pleasantly surprised how well it has produced. You can see that it has rewarded us with many pods (and what you see is after our already having harvested some). The fruit has a pleasing taste and aroma. It is indeed quite hot though but fine in foods. I'm going to overwinter this plant and will take several cuttings to "spread the joy" beginning next season. Seeds were from Pepper Joe's.

Big Mike
Visit us Online: www.knot2worry.us

10-14-12%20Bhut%20001.jpg
Container Bhut Jolokia

10-14-12%20Bhut%20004.jpg

10-14-12%20Bhut%20007.jpg

My buddy at work used the same soil in containers, and his plants got huge. And produced a ton of pods. More so than his in ground plants and my in ground plants. He didnt fertilize even once all season. I'm still surprised.
Good looking plant! That bhut is crazy huge.
Gotta love everything here but the humidity!

Congratulations man. You obviously paid a great deal of TLC on that plant during vegetation and production. Enjoy!

I had a hab that ended up that way for me this season.. I joke it is my Mexican Christmas Tree... just plumb filthy with bulbs!

Good luck on over-wintering it. It seems like you got if figured out, so there should be much good luck. Oh, how wonderful it is!

This is an old thread but bump for a few questions .... fantastic plants!

How many hours of direct Sun did these get? Do you remember?

Back