• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Whats up with some peppers turning black inside?

could be mold or rot from too much rain/humidity or fruit fly or pepper weevil....I've had some flowers turning black before opening. some had larvae inside the flower, others were just rotten.

I would throw them out, it's usually a fungus. I had a ton of peppers do that this year, though I noticed certain varieties, such as Orange Habanero and Zavory, are much more prone to it than others. In fact, many of my culprits were C.Chinense, more than any other species. They definitely don't like a lot of water!

Yeah i noticed that to! But i did have a few jalaps and serranos do it also. My cayennes never got it however

The seeds never develope and then they mold. It happens from the point the pods are formed I've had green pods that had black mold where seeds should be.

Whats up with some peppers turning black inside?
Those are the peppers that were jealous of the other peppers while growing up and harbored a deep hatred and resentment.

They have no way to act out, but in any other species they'd be the ones that turned into serial killers.

Back