Holiday Care Package Drive - Please Read

[font=lucida grande']As many of you know, Lucky Dog Hot Sauce sends monthly care packages to deployed soldiers in harm's way through random addresses from [/font]www.anysoldier.com[font=lucida grande']. [/font]

[font=lucida grande']Unfortunately, that's only a handful of packages per year and I want to do more for the holidays. So starting now and through December 1st, 2012, Lucky Dog Hot Sauce is donating 200 bottles of Lucky Dog Hot Sauce with a goal of raising enough money to send 100 care packages. [/font]

[font=lucida grande']A USPS flat-rate padded envelope ships for $[/font]
[font=lucida grande']5.50 (including paypal's fee), and holds 2 bottles + padding. I will donate my time & materials for packaging and 200 bottles of Lucky Dog Hot Sauce ($1000 value).

Donations can be sent through PayPal to luckydoghotsauce@gmail.com

Please put "Anysoldier care package" in the main note line.

If you have a friend or family member who is deployed in a hostile location, please include their APO address in the "special instructions" note for your donations and I will send the package that you sponsored directly to them.

Thank you all for your continued support, and please help spread the word.

Love & hot sauce
♥

Scott
[/font]

LDHS

404003_369475639764189_1136342743_n.jpg

Quick update - while I slept donations came in from overseas & the east coast & we're up to $138.50, which is about 20% of the target in less than 1 day!

I've also connected with the president of anysoldier to coordinate getting a large block of addresses. The associated donation to support their cause is also coming out of my pocket. They don't "sell" addresses, but when you use them they ask for donations as they're a non-profit & there's administrative overhead in running something like this.

I'll keep this topic updated with donation totals & will post photos of the package pile once I get the addresses. Not really looking forward to filling out 100 customs forms. lol

Thanks for your support,

Scott
LDHS

Remember folks - anything will help, even $1

If 440 more people send in $1, we'll be able to get 100 care packages out to deployed soldiers in time for the holiday. The feedback I've received from soldiers to date is that this is a very desireable item, as the food pretty much sucks. I think one said "corn-dog" was among the best of their meals.

As anyone who's been in the military or has had friends/family deployed knows, APOs are considered domestic shipping addresses, which is how we can achieve this goal so easily.

But I can't do it alone - I'm donating the sauce and have contributed to anysoldier. For the rest I'm counting on donations. We have about a month - please help if at all possible.

These soldiers have rough conditions and are putting their lives on the line every day - regardless of how you feel about the war or politics, these are Americans in hostile places - most of them young men & women.

Thank you again for your time & support.

Scott
LDHS

And received!

Thanks for your generosity! You sir are responsible for 6 care packages!
:woohoo:

In each package I will be including a letter that explains that the shipping costs were funded by donations - I am deeply grateful to all of those contributing for helping me to realize this effort.

I hope that I can make it an annual event.
:cheers:

Thanks for doing this, Scott. I can help in another way....Do you use the large or small customs forms?

Griff, donation received - thank you very much for your generosity.

Special request also noted and will absolutely be honored.

Keep an eye peeled for updates, and packages will go out the 1st week of December!

I have the first batch of customs forms...not done yet.....but I have them! :lol:

Griff- them swabbies are some crazy hot dudes. let me know how they like Incenerator. :cool: And thanks to your bro-

About a month to go folks - donations continue to trickle in but we're still only about 50% there.

Starting Sunday I'll be packing up sauce every weekend to get a head start. I'll post pics of the package pile as it grows.
:woohoo:

Thanks to the THP'ers who've supported the cause already & am grateful for any who opt to help over the next month.

The soldiers who will receive these packages are in harsh conditions & are putting their lives on the line every day. This is a way of saying thanks & letting them know that folks back home are keeping them in our thoughts & prayers. Every package is shared amongst the units, so 100 care packages may well reach as many as 1000 or more soldiers!

I know times are tight for us all, but remember - even $1-$2 helps get us closer to the goal!

Best,

Scott
LDHS

It took me a week and 3 trips to 2 post offices, but I finally got the customs forms and I'm working on getting the basic info written up. MAN! Those postal workers are stingy!!! I asked for 100 forms and the guy hands me about 40, went to another PO and the guy gives me 10.... "Aw, come on, I need about 50"...the guy says, "I'm sorry but that's all I'm supposed to give out. I can't let one customer have all the forms" (he had ~200 in the stack :rolleyes:)
"Can't you just order more?"
"Well, I suppose, but they come from the east coast..." (like...what does THAT have to do with anything?!?!???)

Well, a few days later, he finally got the delivery from the east coast and I finally got all that I needed.

SHEESH! Since the forms will be used on packages that will be shipped THROUGH THE POSTAL SERVICE...thereby making MORE MONEY for the postal service....you'd think they'd be HAPPY about handing out 100 customs forms!

:rolleyes: OK, rant over....back to the forms~~~~~ :)

I rant like that all the time about the USPS.

Sigh

Thank you again Ann - having the forms per-populated with essential info is gonna save me a ton of time & it's a fantastic contribution to the cause.

I gave you & your company a shout out on the LDHS Facebook Page + linkage not long ago as a public thank you in addition to the private ones I've sent. Hopefully some of my fans become your fans as a result.

Thanks, LDHS, not necessary, but appreciated....

Back