• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Test run naga

Well I got my hands on some nagas and made my first sauce but it didn't turn ut as hot as I wanted. But the people that tried it says its plenty good. What I did was take two dried pods and a 1/4 cup of chile picintas and soaked them in boiling water. Let them sit for almost an hour.

These are my ingrediantes:

1----number 10 can of diced tomatoes
4 tbsp of minced garlic
1/4 cup pickling salt
4 tbsp of brown sugar
1/4 to 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp of honey
1/2 large sweet onion

I puree all the stuff and started it to boil at the end I add my sugar and honey. Added the vinegar to make manageable to pour then let sit and added the naga and chillie picintas and brought back to a boil. Then sealed in jelly jars.

The mixture came out really good and smooth the taste was surprising it had a sweet tomato taste and then out of the corner ring the heat comes out . The burn last about 5 minutes till you eat some more then its right back to where it started. But I wanted alittle more heat so next time I am going to add more of the nagas or maybe when my peppers start I got some chocalate habs I like to try. ;)

I gave some to one of the scout leaders and they say its to hot for them but he loves to add it to his mixtures and he did try some on chicken and tasted great. But this is what I usually I get is its to hot for me :P:P but I think its just not there yet.

So what do you all think? :mouthonfire:

Yeah Okie,(really from OK?)

I now have to ask my wife to try stuff to see if it is spicy to mere mortals. It really is wierd. I remember choking and spraying foam after tasting a sliver of a habanero years ago.

I now put 3 habs in my morning cup of coffee. Where did it all go?.....

cheezydemon said:
Yeah Okie,(really from OK?)

I now have to ask my wife to try stuff to see if it is spicy to mere mortals. It really is wierd. I remember choking and spraying foam after tasting a sliver of a habanero years ago.

I now put 3 habs in my morning cup of coffee. Where did it all go?.....

Hehhehehe!!! made me laugh :lol: I'm still at :mouthonfire: this stage!

hey Cheezydemon...whats even better is when you take a hot sauce that you know is hot and eat a tablespoon of it in front of your friends and have a mild reaction to it so they decide to do the same and fall on the floor in agony!!!! I love my high heat tolerance!!!! LMAO now I need to find some new friends because all of my friends are wise to that trick!!! LOL

Back