• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest December: Last Meal

Status
Not open for further replies.
In honor of Dec. 21-2012, "The End of The World" I'm thinking it would be awesome to do "Last Meal"

I would love to see people make what they would have as their last meal. This really makes you think and everyone would have to bring their absolute best!

I haven't been able to participate for awhile but am digging deep to try and do December right, with an entry. It would be great to cook a meal and kind of "experience" what it would be like to cool at eat your last meal...

What's everyone think? Ey ey....ey!

Usually it would be prepared by someone else, so is this like, replicating it?

Like TB would have a tray of Manna Burgers. I don't think he'd be cooking on the last day on Earth.

Like that?

Good idea 3/5. I've got some petrified Mayan meat that I have been saving for this very thing! Bring it on! Well, before 20 December, at least!

Yeah, you'd be making your own last meal (the only way I'd have it)

TB could do Manna burgers, JayT could use the real expensive all beef hot dogs.....and Scovie could fill a kids swimming pool full of eggs and Hawhisky!

We did "Beast Meal I Ever Had" once. Kinda the same. Since that's what you would pick.

But maybe.

We did "Beast Meal I Ever Had" once. Kinda the same. Since that's what you would pick.

But maybe.

Yeah, but that was a "Best Meal I Ever Had and never Cooked Myself" TD.

hahahahahaha
I wonder if them dudes on death row give the cooks their mom's recipe for Fried Chicken or Molé...
hahahahahaha

Whoa, wait a minute, this isn't some kind of prison last meal deal is it? I haven't killed anyone yet. I just want to eat, I don't wanna die!

New England seafood boil? With a side of Roasted Prime Rib? Any takers?

EDIT: I've never killed anyone ILLEGALLY.

Lol Scovie.

This would be different in that one, like Scovie said the "best meal I ever had" was something that someone made for them or they ordered or they made themselves. This could be anything, someone might want to make a 4 pound sundae, someone else might want to eat something they never had but always wanted to try and others might make their favorite meal.

It could go so many ways and the template would be pretty wide. I think THP'ers would bring some extra crazy to the "end of the world" theme.

Just an idea b b b boss

We always have Mole on the Solstice. Take it up a couple notches,...
I could easily post that up in heah!

Amen 3/5, Scovie is on to it. No restrictions other than PoL. I'm new, but a THP freestyle holiday throwdown may expose me to something another THP member is passionate about making during this time.

Right or wrong, every member here is passionate about their crafts. I am learning so much.

In honor of Dec. 21-2012, "The End of The World" I'm thinking it would be awesome to do "Last Meal"

I would love to see people make what they would have as their last meal. This really makes you think and everyone would have to bring their absolute best!

I haven't been able to participate for awhile but am digging deep to try and do December right, with an entry. It would be great to cook a meal and kind of "experience" what it would be like to cool at eat your last meal...

What's everyone think? Ey ey....ey!

One thing I've always wanted to try would be some Butch T poppers...

Failing that though, a 12-oz Prime New York Strip Steak, unlimited A-1 sauce, unlimited fries, and all the Yuengling or Sam Adams I can consume :)

For desert, some Black Forest Cake, tiramisu, and icewine to wash it all down

you can always save Dec 22 as the "first meal" of the new calendar. close off on dec 21 then start a new on dec 22; like dec 22 breakfast....sunnyside up eggs....... assuming we are still here!

good luck on whatever you decide.

I'm liking the "last meal" idea....

if the end of the world happens in late December 2012, what would your last meal be?

MMMMmmmmm maybe a 3 course meal, since it is the last meal...

meat-salad-dessert
app-main-dessert
greens-meats-sweets
soup-salad-entree

any 3 for your ultimate "last Meal" .....mmmmmmmmmm....

I'm already thinking of entree....

It is a CIPE month for 12/12----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back