• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Loco Luna Gourmet Hot sauce

Just polished off a bottle of this:

large_hot.jpg

I have to admit I did not like this sauce at first. It's got a strong tomato-tangy flavor that i wasn't expecting. What's that flavor? Oh, it's wostershire! And tamerind!

OK, so it's differeent. I think I wasn't really giving it a fair shake because I've been so into the fresh carrot habanero thing lately. Once I accepted this sauce on it's own terms I came around and realized I like it.

While not the kind of sauce that I ( me personally) would put on just anything, the wostershire-tanginess makes this an excellent sauce for cooking, especially meat. Try some of this to flavor ground beef for tacos. Yow!

This is sure a sauce with a unique flavor signature. That's an acomplishment in itself in the crowded hot saucec market.

As for heat level...well, it's just not there for me. Very mild, and yes, I had the "hot" one. I'd like to see Brian do a specialty 'really f'n hot" sauce with some of the flavors he's using here. That would be interesting.

Overall, a good sauce for cooking, flavoring meat and maybe even marinades. Heat level: 4/10 Taste 7/10.

Back