• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe Turkey and hot peppers Recipe

Wanted to stuff the turkey or inject it with hot peppers. Need a good recipe and how did you do it? I'm looking to expand my hot pepper experiences !

been there done that.. i would select a sauce you like a lot on and in turkey.. get the injector kit at the grocery.. i like the cajun version.. that will get you started.. follow the injection instructions.. ive used these guys a few times.. http://www.cajuninjector.com/cajun-injector-grilling-kits.html.. it all depends on the ending flavor you preferr.. ive done cajun, orange, apple italian spices etc.. etc... we typically fry our turkey so.. if you do that your oil will pick up whatever flavor you cook.. but if you bake it.. it should be good too just takes a lot longer.. experimentation is the best way to get it right.. just remember that if you get the bird too hot with superhots no one else might be able to eat any.. which might be good or bad.. suggestion.. cook two of em 1 traditional then you get the second one..:)

If you like your turkey with cranberry sauce, make it spicy. Fresh cranberry sauce is so easy! Buy fresh cranberries, cook down with sugar, fresh lemon juice, and orange zest. Add peppers for heat.

Throw one clove in for a unique taste.

thanks for thw suggestions everybody. Cranberry sauce sounds like a winner. Thank heavens a turkey has two sides. One for the little chile head and one the hotter chile head.

What would be cool is a jerk turkey and allspice cranberry sauce. Dig.

In a food processor pulse Scotch Bonnet peppers, escallion (or substitute scallions), sea salt, black pepper, allspice, nutmeg, grapeseed oil, brown sugar, thyme. When it looks like pesto it is ready. Stuff this under the skin. On top of the skin, rub it with unsalted butter and a dry rub of Scotch Bonnet (or hab) powder, allspice, brown sugar, onion powder, black pepper, salt.

Probably too thick, depends on your injector. This is for under the skin, if you want to inject flavor, take the rub that you make for the skin, and add apple cider. Then, inject!

Oh sweet! I can't wait to see!

Jerk Turkey Experiment
ingredients: 1 onion, chopped, 1/3 cup thyme leaves, 1/2 cup white vinegar, 4 cloves garlic, 3 fatalii's, 4 tbs minced ginger, 4 tbs soy sauce, 4 tbs canola oil, 1 tbs brown sugar, 4 teaspoons ground allspice, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
IMG_2373.JPG

blend all together
IMG_2377.jpg

Mix ~ 1/2 cup of the mix with pinapple juice and inject into turkey
IMG_2383.JPG

Pour about 1/2 mixture under the skin, and then rub it in to coat the turkey
IMG_2386.JPG

Remaining mixture pour and coat the outside of the turkey
IMG_2388.JPG

Turkey all cooked up! We probably should have left the tent on a little longer so it get so dark.
IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

The best of all is still have the leftovers. :)
Made the allspice cranberry sauce, very good , not much left of that.

Back