• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

insect identification...

here's some pics of a beetle type bug that i see on my plants ALL THE TIME. i have no idea what it is or if i should be pulverizing these mofos when i see them or thanking them for being there. would you experts please set me straight on this? THANK YOU.

UNDER SIDE:
IMG_0817-1.jpg

TOP SIDE:
IMG_0819.jpg
IMG_0821.jpg

sorry the pics are blurry...this is the best i could do with my inferior iphone 3gs. thanks again.

Looks like it could be an aphid to me, if so yea get rid of them or they’ll get rid of your plants :o You could release lady bugs on your peppers and they’ll eat the eggs but in the mean time a soapy solution should get rid of them.

Edit: look at the bottom of your leaves to see if you spot very little yellow specs, those are the eggs and they should be removed as well. If the infestation is bad, you'll even see the eggs on stalks too.

Looks like it could be a cucumber beetle or potato beetle. Its hard to say for certain with the photos provided. If they are either, they are pests. I lost a lot of peppers to them this year. They don't normally attack peppers, but it was so hot and dry here this summer that there wasn't much else for them to eat.

Looks like it could be an aphid to me, if so yea get rid of them or they’ll get rid of your plants :o You could release lady bugs on your peppers and they’ll eat the eggs but in the mean time a soapy solution should get rid of them.

Edit: look at the bottom of your leaves to see if you spot very little yellow specs, those are the eggs and they should be removed as well.

Its not an aphid

It must have a lot of kissing cousins cause I saw a lot just like that feller through out my garden this year, although I could not pin down any damage they may have done, as I was busy fighting a new pest the pepper maggot along with some of the biggest Damn grass hoppers I have seen in a long time. We ought to come up with a formal post on insects that are know to attack peppers and related plants so that all you have to do is look through the pictures.

If it was on your Okra, its a Leaf Cutter beetle they prefer Okra over most everything else, pray its not the African one cause they are terrible!!!!! Tough to control them Neem oil is like salad dressing for em, I squish em at dusk/dark, that's when they are most active. They will eat pepper plants and maple trees as well but they love that Okra.

Is this like a joke on these forums? I feel like someone could post a picture of a butterfly and someone would declare it an aphid! :D
Seriouly???......A butterfly. Why would you even post (13) that.....hah

Aphids come in all forms, not just the "pea" which is the green winged that most folks can associate with. Believe it or not the Soy, Cottonseed, and Papaya are quite different, honestly...

Seriouly???......A butterfly. Why would you even post (13) that.....hah
Because, 'tis a joke.

Aphids come in all forms, not just the "pea" which is the green winged that most folks can associate with. Believe it or not the Soy, Cottonseed, and Papaya are quite different, honestly...
Had no idea! Those sure do look different. I hope never to encounter them myself. :D

Back