• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review The GreenMan's Review of Bone Lee's Gourmet Hot sauce

Bone Lee's Gourmet Hot Sauce is a small batch commercial sauce made here in South Florida which is sold locally in a few markets including the many locations of Crown Wine and Spirits. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Bone Lee himself at a Wine tasting event a few weeks ago, where I picked up a bottle of his sauce.

The bottle sports a country/western theme, reminiscent of a wild west "most wanted" poster.
The aroma is like a tomato based BBQ sauce, but the label doesn't mention tomatoes.
The ingredients are Cayenne Peppers, Vinegar, Spices, Chile Extract and Xanthan Gum.

The Spices (label says "Country spices" whatever they are) definitely take center stage but the heat is only about a 2 out of 10. I've had this sauce on everything from bacon and eggs to burgers to pizza and it is definitely one of my top "go to" sauces for minimum heat and maximum flavor. I use this instead of Sriracha now almost exclusively. The flavor will really enhance southern or country type breakfast foods like biscuits and sausage gravy, corned beef hash, home fried potatoes, or grits. I could also see pouring this on pulled pork or spareribs... I'm getting hungry, when's chow time?

Presentation 8/10
Aroma 8/10
Flavor 9/10
Heat 2/10

Back