• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Smoke THIS!

OK picked up the hardwood pulled turkey out of the Brine now its time to smoke. midnight and it smells soooo goooood! its gonna be a long night
IMG_0182.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG

Pretty sweet smoker you got there Prehensile, the meats going to be falling from the bones when its done....

Never seen an outdoor fireplace as a smoker... post results.

That is not no smoker.

You got taht bird dancin Periwinkles style.

Chimenyia style.... yer damm rite it's gonna be a long night!

Turkey tomorrow is the goal, keep drankin, bro!

OK picked up the hardwood pulled turkey out of the Brine now its time to smoke. midnight and it smells soooo goooood! its gonna be a long night
IMG_0182.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG

What's that meat curtain hangin' down from the upside down bird?

Looks like you cut the bald head off and left the comb over.

And that is one funkafied smoker.

I like to be liking it.

Prehensile, can I share your smoke thread? I have one going also.
SL

OMG It came out SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!!! Had to wake up at 3AM and 5:30AM, the first bird was done at 7AM, pulled it put another one in, it was done at 3:30PM. I filled a can shaped cast iron cylinder about the size of a #3 pot with Hardwood, lining the bottom with a little charcoal tah start it off. I then put a clay saucer on the top to seal it, with a 6x4 inch(at the bottom) slot on one side it it worked perfect, the wood lasted at least 3 hours, to finish off the last bird I just added wood around outside for the last hour, I also had to cover the entire door, it got windy in the morning.
IMG_0196.JPG

Prehensile, can I share your smoke thread? I have one going also.
SL
Yes you can, :party:

Thanks, prehensile! your birds look GREAT-

Quick summary of our dinner-
bird in a brine for 24 hours- salt bay leaves, juniper berries, mustard seed whole black pepper, onion, red chiles
smokedturkey005.jpg

Rubbed the bird under the skin with olive oil, a splash of balsamic vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, dry italian spices, salt (shouldn't of added this with the brine and all..) pepper, Sethsquatch mild pepper powder
smokedturkey007.jpg

Before, with a drip tray underneath containing 2 cups water-
smokedturkey010.jpg

After.... used the drippings for gravy...
smokedturkey013.jpg

I really don't like my JennAire downdraft range....
smokedturkey016.jpg

Throw in some sauteed green beans and Dinner is Served!
smokedturkey024.jpg

Thanks for letting me share~

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Back