• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

tehpenguins 2008 lineup

so i'm new here, and i absolutely love it! i've been looking for you all my entire life i'm sure. so here is what i been doin this past 2 weeks
and no my name isn't victor...
This was Jan 25 2008

day1.jpg

day1a.jpg

Going from left to right it is Cayanne, ( the packet had lots of colors on it ) Red Savina, Mild Orange and Red Habs, Thai Hot, Pasillo Bajio, False Alarm Jalapenos, and Pasillo Pablano

Then This is Last Friday Feb 1 2008
... The Hot peppers
1weekleft800.jpg

... The low heats
1weekright800.jpg

Yes i have lowered the lights a little actually, it's a 400w MH so i was scared at first lol. but those that grew fast did so in a day i swear they shot up like crazy in the night.
the pasilla pablano is an ancho chile? i don't remeber what it is when it is ripe vs died.

if you're worried about the heat put a little fan on them when the domes come off (which should be soonish...) and you'll be fine, it'll beat the heat and give you nice strong stems. i've never used mh so i have no idea how close is safe tho...

teh purple penguins said:
the pasilla pablano is an ancho chile? i don't remeber what it is when it is ripe vs died.

When fresh they are Poblanos, when dry they are Ancho. Pasilla is a totally different chile as far as I know. Where did you get the seeds? I'm just curious.

maybe i'm making up pasilla then.. i thought i read that it was the same thing... let ssee, yep i donno why i said pasilla. lol. maybe it's not a bad idea for a cross tho? : )

i'm def pusing my light coverage heh.. before they get much taller i suppose i'll need to check out hanging another one. if i remeber correctly willard has a MH and HPS going at the same time? i could do that.. since i have another hps

teh purple penguins said:
i'm def pusing my light coverage heh.. before they get much taller i suppose i'll need to check out hanging another one. if i remeber correctly willard has a MH and HPS going at the same time? i could do that.. since i have another hps
electric bill... how? :shocked:
That's my limit, cause buying the lights isn't too bad.

I'm really confused here. First you show all your crop in rockwool and now you planted in solo cup that wouldn't fit the cubes. What gives? Nice set-up with the HID, you're little guys should do just fine till summer.

I will have a MH and HPS in my grow box next year...wife has said enough on lights this year...heck I have only bought 19 shop light fixtures and about 50 bulbs....that means I will have to build another 4 x 4 grow box to put the MH and HPS in....

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
I'm really confused here. First you show all your crop in rockwool and now you planted in solo cup that wouldn't fit the cubes. What gives? Nice set-up with the HID, you're little guys should do just fine till summer.
Really small cubes. large cups.

the grodan cubes fit with about 1cm clearance on each corner to the cup.
they are the 1" cubes. in the 16oz cups. plus the picture of the cubes was really close up

Thank you kindly. Just a thought but did you cut the plastic from around the rockwool when you put in the cups? It really doesn't matter you can do it now or at a later transplant. Good luck with your peppers this year.

Make sure you drill holes in the bottom of the cups....I drill 3 1/4" holes in the bottom of 9oz cups and 4 in the 16 oz cups...need the holes to ensure good drainage...MHO...

Back