• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jester's Glog - 2012 - 2013 Carolina Reaper (HP22B), Peach Bhut, Primo and Yellow Douglah

Hey everyone, I have been waiting to start a proper glog, so here it goes.

Light: Hydrofarm FLP48 4-Feet/8-Tube T5 , and other Various small T8 Shop light fixtures. (Low wattage)

Grow Area: Corner of basement, 2-3 x foot print of grow light.

I will start taking pictures tonight of my setup, or make a quick video with my Kodak Zi8 camera.

I'm going to probably setup as many pots that will fit under my light and then when they grow out I will start giving away plants to friends/family.

I'm only growing: (Mostly Reaper's but also)

Carolina Reaper (HP22B) - Seeds Straight from PuckerButt
Primo - Straight from the Source
Yellow Douglah - Won here on a giveaway.

Peach Bhut - Came from Ajijoe I think.

I purchased a decent number of HG7X7SW (that hold 1.3 gallon of media HG7X7SW link), I'm also growing in Pro-Mix. I got this half price at Lowe's last night (Ended up paying about $11 bucks for 2 bales of it, because they were wet on the edges from rain/snow that got into the edge.)

I'm going to attempt to prune the peppers back and feed them higher concentrations of nutrients and keep them in small containers. To hopefully keep down the pepper plant sizes.

I really don't need pepper trees like I had got before and with restricted space this a pretty good experiment. If I stunt the growth GREAT! I really don't need more then a few peppers a plant at a time.

Very nice set up Jester! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

You might have a little fert burn on those plants. It was kind of tough to see in the video, but a good way to tell is look at the edges of the leaves if they are turning yellow I would cut back a little.

The upward curling of the edges is usually a sign that the plants are lacking magnesium, my reapers are still doing this though and none of my other pepper plants have that problem. So I wouldn't worry to much if it is just the reaper.

Also that was a great price on the pro mix.

Very nice set up Jester! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

You might have a little fert burn on those plants. It was kind of tough to see in the video, but a good way to tell is look at the edges of the leaves if they are turning yellow I would cut back a little.

The upward curling of the edges is usually a sign that the plants are lacking magnesium, my reapers are still doing this though and none of my other pepper plants have that problem. So I wouldn't worry to much if it is just the reaper.

Also that was a great price on the pro mix.

Yeah its yellowing on tips, I thought it was nutrient burn. I don't 100% know the PPM I should be using on these. The smaller plants I have I can see it more on them. I'm going to cut back on my nutrients on them.

Also I left quite a few to long and got root bound, and then where crinkling bad...

Nice setup, how far above the seedlings do or did you keep your T5s?

I have the light about 3-4 inches above it. The soil is almost warm, I could probably put them closer but it scares me having it to close... that is 40,000 lumens over 19 plants, so its pretty darn bright.

Also if you watch it in 720p its much clearer.

I couldnt embed it here with the -hd tag on the video.. so click the options and watch in 720p. I recorded it in HI-Def and uploaded it that way.

P1010058-m.JPG

P1010056-m.JPG

P1010023-m.JPG

Nice looking plants JJ. I have primos ad reapers as well. I'll label one A. And one B. only I will know which is which. I want others to see if they can tell which is which. Maybe u should try it as well

I'm not taking a chance to mess it up. I have dymo labels on the sides to label them.

I'm glad I kept them short and bushy. I don't have a ton of space, but I have a few varieties.

I'm pretty happy they dropped quite a few flowers... but they either got used to the temperature or I just started feeding them more heavy bloom formula, and that worked...

Back