• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding Pepper ID. possible 7 pot cross?

these peppers came from a plant i grew earlier this year. a fungus or something got to it and kept it down for a long time.i just continued to water it and give it light ferts for the hell of it. well it came back recently and has produced a small amount of pods

the other 2 plants from the same seed stock are doing well and producing beautifully. they are producing red 7 pot pods that are beautiful and look just like they should. very rough, warty texture and wonderful fruity taste.

here is the pic of the peppers in question. they look to me like possibly a 7 pot x naga or something similar. whatcha think?

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

Looks almost like they could be a Naga crossed with maybe a Red Hab. Whatever it may be, hopefully you enjoy the flavor and heat!
the seed came from a bag of 7 pod seeds i was sent last year. maybe 7 pod crossed with hab or scotch bonnet? i did try it and the heat wasn't as strong as the 7 pot so i think you may be correct there. definitely saving seeds from these bad boys.

do you have any other plants that coulda crossed with it?
the seed i grew this was from a friend, not my own stock. he grows A LOT of peppers, so it could really be anything. just seeing what yall thought.

Back