• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Brekkie Sammie Throwdown

Best Brekkie Sammie?

• stickman - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36280-begin-brekkie-sammie-throwdown/page__st__4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • tfergy - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36280-begin-brekkie-sammie-throwdown/page__st__100

• badger126 - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36280-begin-brekkie-sammie-throwdown/page__st__

• salsalady - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36280-begin-brekkie-sammie-throwdown/page__st__

• sicman - [url="http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36280-begin-brekkie-sammie-throwdown/page__st__240

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Vote for the best sandwich, keeping in mind, and sandwich is defined as:

A sandwich is not open-faced, but may have toppers, like melted cheese and an egg on top of the sammie, etc. So it can be a forker, as long as there's (at least) two pieces of bread sandwiching the main ingredients.

16 amazing entries... VOTE!

Nice job, all of them. This was so much better than I thought it was going to be...
I'm not much of a breakfast guy, I've already said that, but I know how to judge a sandwich or two.

For me, it came down to tfergy, THE BIZ, and Rocketman. They all caught my eye.
Rocketman got the vote, thanks to the smoked habapeno powder.

tf, can't wait to see what you come up with next month! Hope you had fun on your first throwdown, your entry kicks ass!
Try out some drunken chef!!!!

This is a horribly tough vote. Lol.

It makes me think there should perhaps be categories for best technique, creativity/style, photography ect. oh well. wishful thinking.

So there wasn't really a surefire way for me personally to single out one entry for best overall, although I did pick out a few I liked for whatever reason

Rocketman-about as cerebral an entry as they come imo. lol. but what do I know. The entry sounds super interesting!

Geeme-great creativity as always

MuskyMojo-its straightforward, looks tasty, and I've never eaten venison to my knowledge (although I could have.) great idea!

SalsaLady-I'd never have thought to put mayonnaise on a cooked egg sandwich [although I use it in egg salad all the time. guess I should have thought of a possible similarity there...] And I had to go look up what cold-packed pickled peppers were since I don't think I've ever done canning before. I am also not a terrible bean fan (I can tolerate them without fuss in chili..its not a big deal to me. but I'd probably just like more meat/tomatoes/potatoes.) but the sandwich looks great! I'd want to see what that was about!

---

All in all, I based my final decision on what I think I would most like to eat for breakfast, and maybe to see if any entry stood out as a bit taller than the rest. Not that I'm really picky if I'm hungry (or even not hungry lol,) but maybe it would take a pretty darn good sandwich to convince me that anything bigger than I can take a bite out of is something I'd normally go for. But in this case, I think that Scovie brought it to the table.

So my vote for December goes to The Tallboy!

I don't know if there have ever been so many worthy entries, but in the end it came down to a handful for me. Both the Aussies, Sum, Scovie, and Geeme. Geeme's final pic sealed the deal. It looked so good I could almost taste it. Totally outside the box and just plain awesome. Well done everyone.

I'm gonna take my time on this one - way too many excellent entries and I want to make sure I'm as fair as possible.

...That said, I should probably go check my Paypal balance. Hahaha

this was a tough one, the amount of hollandaise sauce entries kind of discouraged my entry as well, would have been another entry with the sauce, just mine contains naga viper powder, was going to do a jumbo croissant eggs benedict hot pepper version

had to go with scovie on this one, if all the entries where sitting side by side on a table his tallboy would have definitely stood out, if not for the heart attack waiting to happen factor alone

i am very impressed with the skills displayed on this board, and i am a certified chef 17 years in the biz {retired}, most if not all show some excellent culinary skills

Thp, this one was special. Might deserve annual revisiting.
I'll enter next time! The more I look at ALL of them, the better it is.
Props to the noobies! Jumped into a blazing fire!

I call chicken biscuit for December 2013 if earth still exists....Mayans?????

will have to DC a cristo'd chicken and waffles in the near future - i still want to explore that - just didn't feel like grocery shopping this past weekend ...

The Biz also brought out the Cabot! (I haven't really been paying attention, so there could be others probably...)

My favorite cheese in college. I've never tried the pepper variety, but I liked at least one of the sharp varieties. I think it was a white label or black label or sum such. It's a bit too expensive for my tastes regularly (around here its like 2lb for $16.00?,) or else I'd probably use it regularly.

Tillamook is $4.99/lb here with your Safeway Club card, otherwise $5.49/lb. :) I love Tillamook. Gotta support our neighboring farm in Oregon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back