• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest January: Hummm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking back on the TDs I've entered some of the most fun ones to me were the ones that required a bit of thought. So, after watching the movie Seven last night I got to thinking what an interesting TD the Seven Deadly Sins might make. Choose one of the Seven and develop a meal based on that sin. Then you have to explain why you choose the one you did, no TMI though :) and how your entry represents it. Just so everyone would have the same understanding here are the 7 with an explanation from Wikipedia:
  1. Lust or lechery (carnal "luxuria") is an intense desire. It is usually thought of as excessive sexual wants, however the word was originally a general term for desire. Therefore lust could involve the intense desire of money, fame, or power as well.
  2. Gluttony Derived from the Latin gluttire, meaning to gulp down or swallow, gluttony (Latin, gula) is the over-indulgence and over-consumption of anything to the point of waste.
  3. Greed (Latin, avaritia), also known as avarice or covetousness, is, like lust and gluttony, a sin of excess. However, greed is applied to a very excessive or rapacious desire and pursuit of material possessions.
  4. Sloth (Latin, Socordia) can entail different vices. While sloth is sometimes defined as physical laziness, spiritual laziness is emphasized. Failing to develop spiritually is key to becoming guilty of sloth.
  5. Wrath (Latin, ira), also known as "rage", may be described as inordinate and uncontrolled feelings of hatred and anger. Wrath, in its purest form, presents with self-destructiveness, violence, and hate that may provoke feuds that can go on for centuries.
  6. Envy (Latin, invidia) is characterized by an insatiable desire. Envy is similar to jealousy in that they both feel discontent towards someone’s traits, status, abilities, or rewards.
  7. Pride (Latin, superbia), or hubris (Greek), is considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins, and the source of the others. It is identified as a desire to be more important or attractive than others, failing to acknowledge the good work of others, and excessive love of self.
Some will be easier than others to do but could be a very interesting and challenging Throwdown and I can imagine some really Cool entries. But then I could be really reaching and I wouldn’t want to lead anyone to ENVY anyone else’s entry. So…..

I'm about to make an Envy Omelet right now. I Lust for it.

Then I'm gonna eat it with Gluttony, and Sloth for the rest of the day.

I ain't Proud.

Humm, wow that's a hard one,
but i will give it a shot..
Unlike the most common, penis envy, that some men have, I admit I get pod envy sometimes.. I just wish I had that strain of pepper.. I guess gluttony too when I savor the flavor of that new pod cooked in my breakfast...and when I cant get enough and it also ends up in lunch, and maybe dinner..if i can hold back enough...

Just my 2 cents.. :)

I think it's a good idea, but too many people will likely be in food comas following the holidays...... You want us to THINK at that point??? ;)

Just a thought...the holiday season can be expensive.
We could redo the $10 challenge. That was a fun one.
I don't recall the response it got, just that I enjoyed it and appreciated the budget friendliness!

True Dat FDy, even a Burger or Slider challenge could be fairly inexpensive and Paulky could do his a lobster and crab topping to get his seafood on :cool:

That's just Phat though

Suggestion: we have the ugliest food cook off.

A "reverse aesthetics" meal - something totally heinous looking yet so amazing by description that you just know its awesome.

:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back